Tips for Fostering Word-of-Mouth Campaigns
- Be authentic and consistent.
- Create an encouraging and supportive environment.
- Invite your brand advocates and remain hospitable.
- Treat the dialogue like you would an everyday conversation with intimate friends, colleagues or VIP acquaintances.
- Remember, you are creating a campaign—an integrated sum of coordinated initiatives designed to achieve particular objectives.
- Sacrifice your brand integrity, credibility or consistency.
- Try to be clever or cute rather than informative or helpful.
- Create an unscrupulous or false campaign (“astroturfing”).
- Disrespect the brand advocates you have empowered or recruited.