CEW (Cosmetic Executive Women) announced the honorees for its 2014 Achiever Awards, set to take place Friday, October 17, 2014, at the Waldorf=Astoria in New York. The CEW Achiever Awards honor today's beauty industry leaders and achievers while also working to support and encourage tomorrow's industry leaders. Additionally, it acts as a time to connect with friends and colleagues, networking and helping build industry intelligence and professional development opportunities.
The Corporate Empowerment for Women (C.E.W.) Award recognizes a company that demonstrates a commitment to advancing women within its organization. And the Great Idea Award for Fragrance Innovation, sponsored by IFF, encourages innovation by recognizing a woman who has made an impact on the fragrance category.
For 2014, the awards include:
- a Lifetime Achievement Award for Leonard Lauder, chairman emeritus of The Estée Lauder Companies
as well as recognition for:
- Laura Geller, founder of Laura Geller Beauty
- Alli Webb, founder of DryBar
- Jane Wurwand, founder of Dermalogica
- and Wende Zomnir, founder and executive creative director for Urban Decay Cosmetics
And being honored with the the Great Idea Award for Fragrance Innovation Award:
- Sissel Tolaas of RE_searchLab
The CEW Achiever Awards recognize the accomplishments of women leaders in the cosmetics industry and serve as an inspiration for future leaders and for companies to support women’s advancement.