Most Popular in:
By: Jessica Dudley (group leader), Heather Cunningham (co-leader), Natalia Espejo, Jennifer Lacenera and Dudley Williams
Posted: June 4, 2014
- PDF of "Accessible Beauty" (PDF 2.17 MB)
page 4 of 4
- All dollar amounts ($) are given in US dollars, unless otherwise indicated.
- Impoverished individuals are defined as those earning less than $1.25 per day.
- Living in poverty is defined as a family of four earning below $23,493 per year, or an individual earning below $11,271 per year.
- 03_china_middle_class_kharas.pdf. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.brookings.edu/~/media/research/files/papers/2010/3/china%20middle%20class%20kharas/03_china_middle_class_kharas.pdf.
- 114400887.mp4. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://av.vimeo.com/40259/808/114400887.mp4?download=1&token2=1399254750_7a60b8cc29bc1de35a38af6bbf33d358&filename=The+Water+Food+Energy+Nexus-SD.mp4.
- 22035936.mp4. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://av.vimeo.com/08666/900/22035936.mp4?download=1&token2=1399255195_73d881-b9fd24b6e17e65c335cc0ffa76&filename=GOOD+-+Planet%27s+Water-SD.mp4.
- 65229755.mp4. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://av.vimeo.com/21403/159/65229755.mp4?download=1&token2=1399254834_34aaf17451598cdd5ced7cd77e252c99&filename=Weathering+Change-SD.mp4.
- A Start-Up Run by Friends Takes On Shaving Giants. (n.d.). Deal Book. Retrieved April 13, 2014, from http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2014/01/21/a-start-up-run-by-friendstakes-on-shaving-giants/.
- B Corp Anthem – B The Change. (2014). Retrieved from http://youtu.be/V-VFZUFJwt4.
- Baer, D. (n.d.). Why Your Company Is Not “The Warby Parker of X.” Fast Company. Retrieved April 13, 2014, from http://www.fastcompany.com/3006688/why-your-companynot-warby-parker-x.
- Christopher Marquis, & Villa, L. V. (2012, July 25). Warby Parker: Vision of a “Good” Fashion Brand. Harvard Business Review, 25.
- Creative Task 2014. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://pdl.vimeocdn.com/76649/443/243829175.mp4?download=1&token2=1399256071_eb3d285d46348a1059f4feea146d85ff&filename=Creative+Task+2014+-+Edvina+Koda+Sander-SD.mp4.
- Crowdfunding as the next marketing darling – Crowdfunding Entrepreneurship. (n.d.). Medium. Retrieved April 13, 2014, from https://medium.com/crowdfunding-inspiration/b45abf987c52.
- De La Cruz, N. (2012, March 15). Health Care Costs Will Exceed Average Household Income By 2030. Business Insider. Retrieved May 27, 2014, from http://www.businessinsider.com/health-care-costs-will-exceed-averagehousehold-income-by-2030-2012-3.
- De La Merced, M. J. (2014, January 24). A Start-Up Run by Friends Takes On Shaving Giants – NYTimes.com. New York Times. Retrieved April 11, 2014, from http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2014/01/21/a-start-up-run-byfriends-takes-on-shaving-giants/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0.
- Dishman, L. (2012, June 27). Site to Be Seen Everlane.com. T Magazine. Retrieved April 13, 2014, from http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/06/27/site-to-be-seen-everlanecom/.
- Dixon, J. (2011, November 17). New Data on Consumer Perceptions of Cause Marketing. Georgetown University. Retrieved May 6, 2014, from https://blogs.commons.georgetown.edu/socialimpact/2011/11/17/new-data-on-consumer-perceptions-of-cause-marketing/.
- Edleman. (2012). 2012 Edelman goodpurpose® Study. Retrieved May 27, 2014, from http://www.scribd.com/doc/90411623/Executive-Summary-2012-Edelmangoodpurpose-Study.
- Etter, L. (2013, November 23). Do People Care Where Their Meat Comes From? The New Yorker. Retrieved May 7, 2014, from http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/currency/2013/11/do-people-care-where-their-meatcomes-from.html.
- Evans. A., (2011). Resource scarcity, fair shares and development. WWF-UK / Oxfam Discussion paper.
- EY. (2011). Middle class purchasing power set to triple by 2030 world-wide due to rapid growth in emerging markets. Retrieved from http://www.ey.com/GL/en/Newsroom/News-releases/Press-Release_Middle-class-purchasing-powerset-to-triple-by-2030-world-wide-due-to-rapidgrowth-in-emerging-markets.
- Hargreaves, S. (2013, September 17). 15% of Americans living in poverty. CNNMoney. Retrieved May 21, 2014, from http://money.cnn.com/2013/09/17/news/economy/povertyincome/.
- Harry’s – Reinventing shaving with a focus on the experience. (2013, May 29). Total Business Design. Retrieved April 11, 2014, from http://www.totalbusinessdesign.com/2013/05/29/harrys-reinventing-shavingwith-a-focus-on-the-experience/.
- Heschle. (2013). ReMoved. Retrieved from https://vimeo.com/73172036.
- Heller, L. (2013, July 11). America’s dollar store revolution. The Week. Retrieved April 14, 2014, from http://theweek.com/article/index/246714/americas-dollar-store-revolution.
- Hollier, D. (2011). Subway Sandwich Franchise. Hawaii Business, 57(5), 81, 1 May 2014. http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=bwh&AN=86652219&site=ehost-live.
- IRI. (2014). IRI Database (Competitive Sales Results No. 2014 Results through March 31). Summary Report Prepared by L'Oréal. Jungle Animals Made From Hermes Leather Scraps. (n.d.-a). Zilla Magazine. Retrieved from http://www.zillamag.com/art/jungle-animalsmade-from-hermes-leather-scraps/.
- Kedmey, D. (2014, May 14). This Mind-Blowing Debt Graphic Will Probably Make You Sad. TIME. Retrieved May 19, 2014, from http://time.com/99142/this-mind-blowingdebt-graphic-will-probably-make-you-sad/.
- Leonhardt, D., & Quealy, K. (2014, April 22). The American Middle Class Is No Longer the World’s Richest – NYTimes.com. New York Times. Retrieved May 18, 2014, from http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/23/upshot/theamerican-middle-class-is-no-longer-the-worldsrichest.html?_r=1.
- McKinsey & Company. (n.d.). Charting our water future | Sustainability & Resource Productivity Practice. McKinse&Company.com. Retrieved May 27, 2014, from >http://www.mckinsey.com/client_service/sustainability/latest_thinking/charting_our_water_future.
- Miller, C. C., & Clifford, S. (2013, March 31). E-Commerce Companies Bypass Middlemen to Build Premium Brand. The New York Times. Retrieved from http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/01/business/e-commerce-companies-bypass-middlemen-to-build-premiumbrand.html.
- Morin, R. (2014, January 27). Despite recovery, fewer Americans identify as middle class. Pew Research Center. Retrieved from http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2014/01/27/despite-recovery-fewer-americans-identify-asmiddle-class/.
- Mueller-Soppart, L. (2013, October). Harry’s Razors Shaves Away Poverty. Social Enterprise Institute. Retrieved April 11, 2014, from http:// www.northeastern.edu/sei/2013/10/harrysrazors- shaves-away-poverty/.
- National Intelligence Council. (2012). Global Trends 2030: Alternative Worlds. Retrieved from http://www.slideshare.net/ntpinto/global-trends2030#.
- Pinola, M. (2013, December 12). Stop Wasting Money: Buy the Identical, Cheaper Versions of Big Brands. Lifehacker. Retrieved April 14, 2014, from http://lifehacker.com/stop-wasting-money-buy-the-identical-cheaperversions-1481925774.
- PR Newswire. (2012). SUBWAY® Restaurant Chain Recognized As Number One Franchise Opportunity. CT-SUBWAY-Franchise. EBSCOHOST. 1 May 2014.
- Raustiala, K., & Sprigman, C. (2012, September 5). Why Knockoffs Can Help Build a Strong Brand. Freakonomics. Retrieved April 11, 2014, from http://freakonomics. com/2012/09/05/why-knockoffs-can-help-astrong-brand/.
- Rawsthorn, A. (2011, July 18). House Proud. W Magazine. Retrieved April 13, 2014, from http://www.wmagazine.com/fashion/2011/08/christophe-lemaire-hermes/.
- Sam_In_Motion. (2013). Water. Retrieved from https://vimeo.com/59796380.
- Shah, S., & Columnist. (n.d.). Iterations: “A Warby Parker For [Blank]” And Consumer Product Reinvention. TechCrunch. Retrieved from http://techcrunch.com/2012/12/23/iterations-a-warby-parker-for-blank-and-consumerproduct-reinvention/.
- Shontell, Alyson. (2012, March 16). Hot Startup Everlane Wants You To Know You’re Being Screwed Over By Retailers. Business Insider. Retrieved May 10, 2014, from http://www.businessinsider.com/everlane-2012-3.
- Smith, A. (2013, June 5). Smartphone Ownership 2013. Pew Research Center’s Internet & American Life Project. Retrieved from http://www.pewinternet.org/2013/06/05/smartphone-ownership-2013/.
- Soller, K. (2013, September 29). Everlane. NYMag.com. Retrieved April 13, 2014, from http://nymag.com/news/business/boombrands/everlane-2013-10/.
- Standard Chartered. (2013). The Super-Cycle lives: EM growth is key (Special Report). Retrieved from https://www.sc.com/en/resources/global-en/pdf/Research/The-supercycle-lives-06-11-13.pdf.
- Taylor, C. (n.d.). Everlane CEO Michael Preysman On Keeping An Edge Amidst The Copycats [TCTV]. TechCrunch. Retrieved from http://techcrunch.com/2013/05/05/everlanemichael-preysman-copycats/.
- Theresa Go. (2013, March 16). The Right Business Model for the Right Market. Launching Tech Ventures – Harvard Business Review. Retrieved from http://launchingtechventures.blogspot.com/2013/03/the-rightbusiness-model-for-right.html.
- U.S. Census Bureau. (n.d.). Population Clock. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved May 27, 2014, from http://www.census.gov/popclock/.
- Van Belleghem, S. (2013, July 23). Are you ready for Marketing 2020? – Smart Insights Digital Marketing Advice. Smart Insights. Retrieved April 6, 2014, from http://www.smartinsights.com/digital-marketing-strategy/marketing-2020/.
- Videira, A., Boyce, A., & Cifrese, A. (n.d.). Cosmetics and Fragrance Marketing and Management Master’s Degree Program, Capstone 2013 White Paper Digital Marketing, 1–4, 10 May 2014 https://www.fitsuny.edu/files/pdfs/Digital_Marketing.pdf.
- Weinger, J. P. (2012, July 25). How Much Will You Need to Send Your Child to College in 2030? U.S. News & World Report. Retrieved May 10, 2014, from ,http://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/my-money/2012/07/25/how-much-will-you-need-to-send-your-child-tocollege-in-2030/
- World Economic Forum. (2014, January 14). Global Economic Outlook 2014. Retrieved May 19, 2014, from http://www.weforum.org/sessions/summary/global-economicoutlook-2014.
Industry Experts Interviewed:
Grant, Karen. Vice President and Global Beauty Industry Analyst, NPD
Sobel, Jessica. Sustainability Manager, Unilever
Rothstein, Ashley. Prestige Cosmetics Buyer, ULTA
Lo, Betty. Vice President, Nielsen
Haan, Alison. Vice President, Sephora Color