The Professional Beauty Federation (PBF) recently held its eighth annual Welcome to Our World educational event, during which beauty professionals provided a range of services for Congressional legislators while also speaking to them about the issues and needs of the industry.
The PBF is an organization of salon industry professionals that promote and improve the industry as it relates to U.S. government laws and regulations.
Members include the American Association of Cosmetology Schools, Great Clips, International Salon/Spa Business Network, JCPenney Salons, Professional Beauty Association, OPI Products and Regis Corporation.
Organization Discusses Top Beauty Issues with Legislators
January 7, 2008
Most Popular in Regulation
- 46NYC’s Microbead Bust
- 39Colipa Now Cosmetics Europe—The Personal Care Association
- 33Big Win for Cosmetics: Court Closes Prop 65 Titanium Dioxide Case
- 17California Bans Microbeads
- 16Nanomaterials and the EU Cosmetics Regulation: Implications for Your Company
- 15Connecticut Bans Plastic Microbeads from Personal Care, Cosmetics
- 15Two Views of Safety
- 14Canada Mandatory Survey for Manufacturers Using Microbeads Due Thurs.
- 13The “Reasonable Consumer’s” View of Green Labels—Lessons From Two Greenwashing Cases
- 11Michigan Mulls Microbeads Ban; Industry Speaks Up
- The FDA and Supplements
9/5/2008, Jeff Falk
- Collaboration and Consensus: Pam Bailey Profile
10/3/2008, Karen A. Newman
- Rules & Regulations: A Long Way to REACH
2/27/2009, Nicolas Gardères
- Two Views of Safety
11/5/2010, Steve Herman
- The Intensifying Regulatory Investigation of Formaldehyde and Its Implications
11/1/2011, Stan Perry