The Union for Ethical BioTrade was launched October 1 at a special event held during Beyond Beauty in Paris. The Union is the flagship association for ethical biotrade and was established to speed up implementation of the principles of the 1992 Convention of Biological Diversity (CBD). Organization president Gus Le Breton, who also is CEO of PhytoTrade Africa, told the gathering that while principles were adopted, no guidance was forthcoming on how companies could implement the principles in a practical way.
"The Union is intended to be a long-term and enduring response to the need for business to demonstrate compliance with the principles of the CBD, and we are convinced we will achieve this," said Le Breton.
Membership is open to businesses with demonstrable commitment to the principles of the organization. More information is available at www.uebt.ch.
BioTrade Organization Launched
October 2, 2007
BASF Introduces Dehyton® AO 45 – The First Commercial Microalgae-Derived Betaine Surfactant — BASF Personal Care
Most Popular in Sustainability
- 39The Strength of Brand Architecture
- 36L'Oréal Shares Sustainability Plans to 2020
- 35Becoming a Household Name Brand
- 22Survey Shows Beauty Industry Employees Seeking More
- 8BASF Launches Surfactants to Conserve Resources
- 7L'Oreal Program Focuses on Employee Health and Consumer Wellbeing
- 6Sustainable Packaging—A Value Proposition
- 4In the Garden with Sothys
- 4What Do Ethical and Sustainable Mean to Today's Beauty Consumer?
- 4Naturex Shares its 2015 Sustainability Report
- The Green Report: Part II
8/26/2008, Jeff Falk
- Principles of Sustainable Development Q&A
10/9/2008, Jeff Falk
- What Do Ethical and Sustainable Mean to Today's Beauty Consumer?
12/10/2008, Imogen Matthews
- Sustainable Packaging—A Value Proposition
2/27/2009, Jeff Falk
- Thinking Outloud: Fostering True Sustainable Development
4/30/2009, Daniel Sabará