The associations survey of industry experts revealed that more than 85% of them ranked the cost and availability of raw materials as the "most important" issue for 2008. The top five most important issues also included labor, competition, imports and the economy/interest rates.
Packaging Report Available
August 21, 2008
Most Popular in Packaging
- 448Packaging as Added Value
- 215Exclusive: 3 Keys to Brand and Packaging Success
- 197New H2O Plus Product Features Glossy Aptar Dispenser
- 174The Big Reveal: This Year's NJPEC Packaging Awards
- 152Spray Tech for Cosmetic Mist Trend
- 131Cosfibel Creates Mythical Shalimar Gift Box for Holiday
- 115PSB Industries in Talks to Acquire Topline
- 103Tetra Pak's Note to Suppliers: Let's See Your Ethical Report Card
- 100The Second Moment of Truth
- 96Latest Bottle Design from INCA
According to the Flexible Packaging Association's 2008 State of the Industry Report, flexible packaging remains the second largest packaging segment in the U.S.—representing approximately 18% of the total U.S. packaging industry, which has estimated annual sales of $135 billion. The global packaging industry has an estimated $490 billion in annual sales, with Western Europe and North America accounting for 28% and 27%, respectively, of the global packaging industry.