L'Oréal has acquired salon distributor Maly's West. According to L'Oréal, Maly's will be integrated into its professional products division. Maly's West supplies 30,000 hair salons in the western region of the United States. Similarly, L'Oréal acquired professional beauty hair care provider Beauty Alliance last April. It has said that the two salon distributor acquisitions complement its plan to increase its presence in the U.S. salon hair care market.
Beauty Corporations Buying into Pro Hair Care
August 12, 2008
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Acquisitions
- 1243The Body Shop May Have a Buyer
- 4778 Ways Beauty Can Grow in 2017 and Beyond
- 192What Went Wrong with The Body Shop?
- 162LVMH-Maison Francis Kurkdjian Deal Points to Niche Fragrance Boom
- 147Beauty 2017: Acquire or Be Acquired
- 110Grow It Alone? Why Beauty M&A is So Hot
- 93Kosé Corp. To Acquire Tarte
- 80Is Glansaol the Next Great Beauty Company?
- 76Valeant Pharmaceuticals Acquires Ambi Skin Care
- 74L'Oréal-Valeant Deal Boosts Dermocosmetics and Expert-backed Skin Care
- Expanded Edition: The State of Beauty and Personal Care M&A
7/14/2016, Jeb Gleason-Allured
- Grow It Alone? Why Beauty M&A is So Hot
11/1/2016, Jeb Gleason-Allured
- 8 Ways Beauty Can Grow in 2017 and Beyond
1/6/2017, Jeb Gleason-Allured, Editor in Chief
- Brookfield Reborn After Acquisition
4/8/2016, Mino Zaccaro
- Clariant Buys Into BioSpectrum
4/12/2016, Mino Zaccaro