The Alberto-Culver Company has appointed Gina Boswell president of global brands. Reporting to V. James Marino, president and CEO, Boswell will oversee global brands such as Alberto V05, TRESemme, St. Ives and Nexxus, research and development and consumer insights.
Boswell comes to Alberto-Culver with more than 10 years of experience in the beauty products industry. Her most recent executive position was at Avon Products, Inc., where she served as senior vice president and chief operating officer for Avon North America. She was responsible for multiple international markets, online brand development, operational restructuring and creating strategic alliances.
"We're very excited to have an industry veteran such as Gina with a proven track record of strategic development and global brand stewardship joining our executive team," said Marino. "Gina's experience shaping strategy and corporate development for brands such as Avon, Ford and Estée Lauder will be an integral part of Alberto-Culver's global brand strategy and growth."
"Alberto-Culver has consistently distinguished itself with high growth rates and innovation despite the abundance of large competitors," said Boswell. "The team at Alberto-Culver is nimble, creative and understands its customers well. I am excited to play a role in shaping the company's continued global growth and improving on an already stellar portfolio of brands."
Prior to Avon, Boswell was an executive with the Ford Motor Company, where she helped lead global strategy and ran the company's vehicle personalization business. Boswell has also worked with The Estée Lauder Companies as vice president of new business development, managing mergers and acquisitions. She holds a bachelor's degree in business administration, summa cum laude, from Boston University and a master's degree from the Yale School of Management. Boswell also currently serves on the board of directors for Manpower, Inc.
Alberto-Culver Company Appoints President of Global Brands
February 4, 2008
BASF Introduces Dehyton® AO 45 – The First Commercial Microalgae-Derived Betaine Surfactant — BASF Personal Care
Most Popular in Announcements
- 198Is the Multicultural Male Grooming Consumer Being Underserved?
- 145Estée Lauder Companies Appoints Demsey and Hudis
- 137Double-digit Growth Driving Mary Kay R&D Expansion
- 131Shiseido to Take Extraordinary Loss to Address Bare Escentuals Issues
- 125L'Oréal Opens Its Largest Manufacturing Facility
- 113L'Oreal Pursues Social Protection in New Partnership
- 68New Partnership for Promotion of European Cosmetics
- 61New Head for La Roche-Posay
- 54LVMH Announces New L’Institut des Métiers d’Excellence Program
- 49MAC Announces Organizational Change
- CoverGirl Cosmetics Confirms Partnership with Ellen DeGeneres
9/16/2008, Jeff Falk
- Alberto-Culver Company Names Its U.S. President
9/19/2008, Leslie Benson
- Enrique Puig Dies at 68
9/19/2008, Kelly Frederick
- Honoring Women’s Excellence in the Beauty Industry
9/19/2008, Leslie Benson
- The Estée Lauder Companies Announce Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign
9/29/2008, Leslie Benson