Limited Brands, Inc. announced the appointment of Martin Waters as executive vice president, international. Waters joins Limited Brands from his position as managing director and North American chief executive officer for Boots Retail International, where he was responsible for international retail operations and brand sales to leading global retailers in North America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe and Asia. His experience includes merchandising, planning and allocation, brand management, marketing and supply chain operations and establishing new business models in numerous countries.
"Martin's leadership and experience will be incredible assets as we solidify our international expansion plans," said Leslie H. Wexner, chairman of the board and CEO, Limited Brands. "At Boots, he built the U.S. and Asian businesses from scratch by forming successful partnerships with leading retailers—this pattern of successful relationships matches us and our goals."
"Limited Brands is already a retailing giant. I look forward to extending the company's brands internationally," said Waters. "It will be exciting to bring the leading intimate apparel and personal care products to women throughout the world."
Waters will report to Martyn Redgrave, executive vice president and chief administrative officer. Waters replaces Mark Giresi, executive vice president of the company's international division, who recently resigned.
"We are eager to have Martin join our team. His experience in the international marketplace is certain to move us to the next level," said Redgrave. "We greatly appreciate the work that Mark did to initiate our international expansion efforts after years of leading our stores operations. We wish him well."
Limited Brands Announces New International Leadership
February 7, 2008
BASF Introduces Dehyton® AO 45 – The First Commercial Microalgae-Derived Betaine Surfactant — BASF Personal Care
Most Popular in Announcements
- 222Is the Multicultural Male Grooming Consumer Being Underserved?
- 172Estée Lauder Companies Appoints Demsey and Hudis
- 142Double-digit Growth Driving Mary Kay R&D Expansion
- 122L'Oréal Opens Its Largest Manufacturing Facility
- 119L'Oreal Pursues Social Protection in New Partnership
- 109Shiseido to Take Extraordinary Loss to Address Bare Escentuals Issues
- 89New Head for La Roche-Posay
- 68A Note to Our Readers: We're Thankful for ...
- 62New Partnership for Promotion of European Cosmetics
- 58LVMH Announces New L’Institut des Métiers d’Excellence Program
- CoverGirl Cosmetics Confirms Partnership with Ellen DeGeneres
9/16/2008, Jeff Falk
- Alberto-Culver Company Names Its U.S. President
9/19/2008, Leslie Benson
- Enrique Puig Dies at 68
9/19/2008, Kelly Frederick
- Honoring Women’s Excellence in the Beauty Industry
9/19/2008, Leslie Benson
- The Estée Lauder Companies Announce Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign
9/29/2008, Leslie Benson