Avon Products, Inc. announced an exclusive collaboration with Finnish textile and clothing design company Marimekko, which will license its Unikko pattern to create a limited edition cosmetics collection. The Marimekko for Avon Color Collection will launch globally in 2008, debuting in the U.S., Europe, Mexico and Asia in the fourth quarter of 2008.
"Avon is committed to the vision that all women should have access to great style and fashion," said Geralyn Breig, senior vice president and brand president, Avon Products, Inc. "We're thrilled to partner with global design powerhouse Marimekko; we are so impressed with their great reputation for creating fun, lively, fashion-forward designs. We feel confident that our customers will enjoy the merger of Marimekko's energetic designs with the innovation of the Avon Color Brand."
The Marimekko for Avon Color Collection interprets Marimekko's philosophy: design that creates beauty in people's everyday lives. The collection features Marimekko's iconic Unikko pattern designed by Maija Isola in 1964. Her daughter Kristina Isola re-interpreted the Unikko design with a unique look and fresh coloring for Avon. The collection contains four limited edition color products—including eyeshadow, face powder, lip gloss and mascara, as well as accessories.
"Marimekko's vision for the future remains consistent: maintaining superior and innovative designs by partnering with inventive, inspiring designers and companies that support the brand's image around the world," said Mika Ihamuotila, president and CEO, Marimekko Corporation. "The licensing agreement with Avon is Marimekko's first foray into the world of beauty and will enhance Marimekko's brand recognition worldwide. With Avon we are able to reach millions of women and share the Marimekko creations, as well as superior beauty products."
Avon and Marimekko Announce Exclusive Partnership
March 18, 2008
Most Popular in Announcements
- 247Double-digit Growth Driving Mary Kay R&D Expansion
- 219Is the Multicultural Male Grooming Consumer Being Underserved?
- 171Estée Lauder Companies Appoints Demsey and Hudis
- 139L'Oréal Opens Its Largest Manufacturing Facility
- 132Shiseido to Take Extraordinary Loss to Address Bare Escentuals Issues
- 118L'Oreal Pursues Social Protection in New Partnership
- 98New Partnership for Promotion of European Cosmetics
- 89New Head for La Roche-Posay
- 68LVMH Announces New L’Institut des Métiers d’Excellence Program
- 68A Note to Our Readers: We're Thankful for ...
- CoverGirl Cosmetics Confirms Partnership with Ellen DeGeneres
9/16/2008, Jeff Falk
- Alberto-Culver Company Names Its U.S. President
9/19/2008, Leslie Benson
- Enrique Puig Dies at 68
9/19/2008, Kelly Frederick
- Honoring Women’s Excellence in the Beauty Industry
9/19/2008, Leslie Benson
- The Estée Lauder Companies Announce Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign
9/29/2008, Leslie Benson