The Estée Lauder Companies Inc. announced that Alexandra C. Trower has been named executive vice president, global communications. She will report to CEO William P. Lauder. Trower, who will be an officer of the company, will start April 14, 2008. She will direct the overall communications strategy at The Estée Lauder Companies, and will oversee the four specialties of global communications—brand communications, corporate communications, internal communications and consumer communications. In addition, she will counsel senior corporate executives, brand presidents and others throughout the global organization on communications issues and events while also working closely with investor relations.
"Alex brings invaluable global experience to The Estée Lauder Companies with her broad financial, corporate and consumer background," said Lauder. "We're confident that her proven track record will be an asset to the company and its brands."
A communications executive with more than 20 years experience in the financial services industry, Trower most recently was senior vice president, media relations for Bank of America. Leading a 30-person team, she worked to enhance the company's brand, image and reputation in the U.S. and abroad through integrated media, communications and marketing efforts. In addition, she served as a senior communications advisor to top management.
"The Estée Lauder Companies has a rich heritage, iconic brands, and strong global growth prospects. I am thrilled to be joining William Lauder and his team to play a role in helping to drive the company's continued success," said Trower.
Prior to her position at Bank of America, Trower was a managing director at JPMorgan Chase where she was responsible for corporate communications at JPMorgan Fleming Asset Management. Prior to that, she spent 10 years at chancellor LGT Asset Management, now part of Invesco, where she was vice president of corporate communications.
Estée Lauder Names VP Global Communications
April 10, 2008
BASF Introduces Dehyton® AO 45 – The First Commercial Microalgae-Derived Betaine Surfactant — BASF Personal Care
Most Popular in Announcements
- 247Double-digit Growth Driving Mary Kay R&D Expansion
- 222Is the Multicultural Male Grooming Consumer Being Underserved?
- 171Estée Lauder Companies Appoints Demsey and Hudis
- 142L'Oréal Opens Its Largest Manufacturing Facility
- 129Shiseido to Take Extraordinary Loss to Address Bare Escentuals Issues
- 118L'Oreal Pursues Social Protection in New Partnership
- 98New Partnership for Promotion of European Cosmetics
- 91New Head for La Roche-Posay
- 68A Note to Our Readers: We're Thankful for ...
- 67LVMH Announces New L’Institut des Métiers d’Excellence Program
- CoverGirl Cosmetics Confirms Partnership with Ellen DeGeneres
9/16/2008, Jeff Falk
- Alberto-Culver Company Names Its U.S. President
9/19/2008, Leslie Benson
- Enrique Puig Dies at 68
9/19/2008, Kelly Frederick
- Honoring Women’s Excellence in the Beauty Industry
9/19/2008, Leslie Benson
- The Estée Lauder Companies Announce Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign
9/29/2008, Leslie Benson