The Procter & Gamble Company announced that G. Gilbert Cloyd, chief technology officer, will retire—effective Sept.1, 2008—after more than 33 years of service. Until that time, effective June 1, 2008, Cloyd will be named officer on special assignment, reporting to A. G. Lafley, chairman of the board and CEO Bruce Brown— currently vice president-research & development, global hair care and global hair colorants—will be elected chief technology officer, effective June 1, 2008, reporting to Robert A. McDonald, chief operating officer.
"Gil is an outstanding innovation leader," said Lafley. "He transformed P&G's innovation while preserving the essential part of P&G's R&D organization—world-class technologists who are masters of core technologies critical to P&G's businesses—but he was also willing to transform our innovation capabilities. As a result of Gil's leadership, there's a broader, more-productive, more-open and more consistently successful innovation culture at P&G today.
"Bruce Brown has 28 years of experience leading winning innovation across a number our businesses—including baby care, feminine care and beauty care—and in several geographic markets, including North America, Western Europe and Asia. I've worked with him for more than 15 years, beginning with our time together in Asia, and he's been a key leader of P&G's work to innovate how we innovate. He will continue to strengthen P&G's innovation capability and culture as chief technology officer."
P&G Announces Organizational Changes
May 14, 2008
BASF Introduces Dehyton® AO 45 – The First Commercial Microalgae-Derived Betaine Surfactant — BASF Personal Care
Most Popular in Announcements
- 175Is the Multicultural Male Grooming Consumer Being Underserved?
- 142Estée Lauder Companies Appoints Demsey and Hudis
- 136Double-digit Growth Driving Mary Kay R&D Expansion
- 130Shiseido to Take Extraordinary Loss to Address Bare Escentuals Issues
- 123L'Oréal Opens Its Largest Manufacturing Facility
- 113L'Oreal Pursues Social Protection in New Partnership
- 68New Partnership for Promotion of European Cosmetics
- 59New Head for La Roche-Posay
- 54LVMH Announces New L’Institut des Métiers d’Excellence Program
- 49MAC Announces Organizational Change
- CoverGirl Cosmetics Confirms Partnership with Ellen DeGeneres
9/16/2008, Jeff Falk
- Alberto-Culver Company Names Its U.S. President
9/19/2008, Leslie Benson
- Enrique Puig Dies at 68
9/19/2008, Kelly Frederick
- Honoring Women’s Excellence in the Beauty Industry
9/19/2008, Leslie Benson
- The Estée Lauder Companies Announce Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign
9/29/2008, Leslie Benson