P&G’s Febreze Celebrates 10 Years
Posted: June 4, 2008
Procter & Gamble (P&G)
announced May 2008 as the 10-year anniversary for home air care brand Febreze with a timeline of the brand’s achievements, and a look to the future.
- 1998: P&G creates a new product category for home care—focusing on soft fabric surfaces—with the launch of Febreze Fabric Refresher
- 2000: More than half of U.S. households have tried Febreze
- 2002: P&G redesigns the Fabric Refresher packaging and logo for “Breath of Fresh Air”
- 2004: Febreze transitions from fabrics to an air care spray with the launch of Febreze Air Effects
- 2006: Febreze introduces Febreze Noticeables, an odor-eliminating electric oil warmer
- 2007: P&G launches Febreze Candles
- 2008: Febreze celebrates its 10-year anniversary as a P&G brand
“Through leadership in air care innovation, fragrance development and by listening to the needs of our consumers, Febreze has become the leading brand for creating a fresh and clean ambiance for the home,” says Martin Hettich, North American marketing director, Febreze. “The future of Febreze will continue to be driven by our desire to offer a high quality, long-lasting freshness experience to our consumers.”
Hettich says the brand’s growth will continue with a re-branding, repackaging and re-launch of the entire Febreze Fabric Refresher product line by fall 2008. Febreze products are sold in the U.S. at food, drug and mass retailers.