The Estée Lauder Companies announced a distribution agreement between its Jo Malone luxury lifestyle brand and Asia’s international branding company, The Lane Crawford Joyce Group, for expansion into seven Asian markets, including Hong Kong, Singapore, China, Taiwan, Macau, Malaysia and Indonesia.
The agreement, effective immediately, will push for the opening of new free-standing retail outlets and shops-within-shops during the next five years, beginning with the opening of the first store at Lane Crawford in the IFC mall, Hong Kong, on July 9, 2008. The Hong Kong store will feature elements reflective of Jo Malone’s flagship London shop, including library-style shelving, linear glass bottles and signature gift boxes set up throughout.
“We anticipate Jo Malone to be received very well,” says Maureen Case, president of specialty brands, The Estée Lauder Companies. “The modern esthetic of the brand and the iconic packaging will appeal to the discerning consumer in this region.”
According to Fabrice Weber, president of Estée Lauder Asia Pacific Ltd., “Jo Malone is rapidly establishing itself as a powerful destination for knowledgeable consumers looking for high-end British-chic and very tasteful products around the world, whether for self-consumption or for gifts with a classic yet modern twist. The Lane Crawford Joyce Group’s unique expertise at operating premium brands’ flagship stores in high-street and high-end malls will most definitely enable Jo Malone to create in this part of the world the undisputable success it has become in the U.K.”
U.K. Luxury Lifestyle Brand Expands in Asia
July 8, 2008
BASF Introduces Dehyton® AO 45 – The First Commercial Microalgae-Derived Betaine Surfactant — BASF Personal Care
Most Popular in Announcements
- 209Is the Multicultural Male Grooming Consumer Being Underserved?
- 161Estée Lauder Companies Appoints Demsey and Hudis
- 139Double-digit Growth Driving Mary Kay R&D Expansion
- 122Shiseido to Take Extraordinary Loss to Address Bare Escentuals Issues
- 118L'Oréal Opens Its Largest Manufacturing Facility
- 116L'Oreal Pursues Social Protection in New Partnership
- 76New Head for La Roche-Posay
- 68New Partnership for Promotion of European Cosmetics
- 65A Note to Our Readers: We're Thankful for ...
- 54LVMH Announces New L’Institut des Métiers d’Excellence Program
- CoverGirl Cosmetics Confirms Partnership with Ellen DeGeneres
9/16/2008, Jeff Falk
- Alberto-Culver Company Names Its U.S. President
9/19/2008, Leslie Benson
- Enrique Puig Dies at 68
9/19/2008, Kelly Frederick
- Honoring Women’s Excellence in the Beauty Industry
9/19/2008, Leslie Benson
- The Estée Lauder Companies Announce Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign
9/29/2008, Leslie Benson