Most Popular in:
L'Oréal Paris Debuts the Women of Worth Forum
Posted: April 15, 2014
To kick-off the ninth annual Women of Worth program, L'Oréal Paris will convene thousands of women, including Maria Shriver, Arianna Huffington, Mika Brzezinski and L'Oreal Paris ambassadors Lea Michele, Eva Longoria and Liya Kebede for the first-ever Women of Worth Twitter Forum. This day-long discussion on April 16, 2014, will focus on the power of self-worth and its ability to propel women forward.
More than 40 years ago, L'Oréal Paris' iconic brand philosophy "Because I'm Worth It" was launched to celebrate women's worth and self-esteem. This signature phrase was brought to life when L'Oréal Paris established Women of Worth to honor women making a beautiful difference in the world through volunteerism. Starting on April 16, 2014, nominations for the 2014 Women of Worth program will be accepted at WomenofWorth.com. The 10 women selected will be awarded $10,000 and one woman will be named the national honoree and awarded an additional $25,000 to further her philanthropic efforts. All 10 honorees will be recognized in December at a star-studded awards ceremony hosted by L'Oreal Paris in New York.
To celebrate the call for nominations and to ignite a discussion on the dynamic role of self-worth among women today, L'Oréal Paris is inviting all women to join the Women of Worth Twitter Forum on Wednesday, April 16, 2014. Join the conversation by following @LOrealParisUSA and tweeting during one of the five scheduled chats (#WomenofWorth):
- 9 am ET: Women of Worth: Celebrating Extraordinary Women
- 1 pm ET: The Worth Effect: The Power of Giving Back
- 4 pm ET: Passion and Positivity: How Feeling Your Best Fuels Success
- 8 pm ET: The Beauty of Worth: Achieving Happiness in Life, Work and Love
- 9 pm ET: What's Worth It: Charting Your Course & Realizing Your Dreams
"Celebrating the intrinsic beauty and worth of all women is the heart of the L'Oréal Paris brand—and we are deeply committed to championing women who are going above and beyond to serve their communities," said L'Oréal Paris president Karen T. Fondu. "Worth has a multi-dimensional role in a woman's life—it's more than just confidence or self-esteem—it's the foundation of everything we can and will achieve. The Women of Worth program was conceived as a way to demonstrate, through the achievements of incredible women, the impact of pursuing your passion and believing in your worth."
In a recent study commissioned by L'Oréal Paris on the power of self-worth, 81% of women agree that seeing other women give back inspires them to do the same. The study goes on to find that those giving back themselves tend to enjoy a stronger sense of self-worth. The L'Oréal Paris Women of Worth program shines a spotlight on amazing women who give back, helping to fuel a cycle of self-worth for all women.
Additional study findings include:
- Helping others is the number one driver of self-worth: 96% of women feel that helping others is a part of life that gives them self-worth.
- The effect of giving back: Women who do give back through their charity involvement (such as volunteering time or money, being a member, managing or being on the board, or founding the organization) are particularly likely to have a strong sense of self-worth compared to those who are not involved.
- Women fuel Women's Worth: More than 90% of women's self-worth role models are women they have a personal connection with.