Avon Products, Inc. announced that it is voluntarily conducting an internal investigation of its China operations, focusing on compliance with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA). The company, under the oversight of the audit committee, commenced in June 2008 an internal investigation after it received an allegation that certain travel, entertainment and other expenses may have been improperly incurred in connection with the company's China operations. The company has voluntarily contacted the Securities and Exchange Commission and the United States Department of Justice to advise both agencies that an internal investigation is underway. The internal investigation is in its early stage and no conclusion can be drawn at this time as to its outcome.
Avon Conducting Voluntary Internal Investigation
October 21, 2008
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Announcements
- 187Estee Lauder Focuses on Digital Engagement, Global Reach
- 168Major Management Reshuffling at Estée Lauder
- 154Shiseido to Take Extraordinary Loss to Address Bare Escentuals Issues
- 146H2O+ Pulls Out of Chicago
- 111L’Oréal Shuffles Regional Management
- 110L'Oréal Opens Its Largest Manufacturing Facility
- 106Could Victoria Beckham Collection Match Kendall Jenner's Buzz?
- 82Rimmel Holds First Snapchat Press Conference for #RimmelxCara
- 80Givaudan Rebrands Beauty Division
- 72CEW UK Names New Chair to Lead Next Four Years