In the wake of the announcement about its CEO's plan to step down at the end of March 2013, Shiseido Co., Ltd. announced it is implementing administrative changes, including transferring designated personnel members, as of April 1, 2013. In order to enhance initiatives to devise and accelerate the promotion of the company’s environmental strategies, as well as create synergies in tandem with company-wide corporate social responsibility (CSR) activities, the environmental planning department will be integrated into the CSR department, and the environmental planning group will be newly established within the CSR department.
In order to establish a system that facilitates management of the Shiseido Group’s overall supply chain, certain functions of the logistics department, the international logistics department and the production department will be unified, and restructuring will be carried out and the department name changed to the supply chain management department.
In the area of research and development, among the research functions handled by the skin care product research and development center, makeup and hair care and styling products research and development center, human materials research and development center, and the innovative science research and development center, those research functions (beauty equipment and dermatology) that are highly relevant to the development of cosmetic products will be integrated. Accordingly, restructuring will be carried out along with the changing department name to the cosmetics research and development center and cosmetics basic research center.
In the area of research and development, research promotion functions, including patent affairs, will be consolidated into the research administration department.
Personnel changes among executives are to include:
- Norio Tadakawa to general manager of corporate planning department and general manager of corporate planning and development group
- Atsushi Shimomura to general manager of international marketing department and general manager of beauty consultation planning group, international business division
- Shinji Etori to brand manager of self-selection skin care and makeup brand marketing unit and brand manager of promotional brand marketing unit, domestic cosmetics business division
- Fusako Znaiden to general manager of brand strategy planning department and brand manager of relational brand marketing unit, domestic cosmetics business division
- Takashi Minami to general manager of Kakegawa factory
- Katsuhide Ito to general manager of quality management department
- Akio Kikuchi to general manager of purchasing department
- Yasunari Nakama to general manager of cosmetics basic research center
- Fumiaki Matsuzaki to general manager of cosmetics research and development center
- Ouji Ifuku to general manager of innovative science research and development center
- Yasunori Morita to general manager of supply chain management department
- Mitsuru Kameyama to general manager of strategic information system planning department and president, Shiseido Information Network Co., Ltd.
- Jean-Philippe Charrier to chief officer of professional business operations division and general manager of professional global marketing department, professional business operations division
- Hitoshi Okamoto to president, Shiseido (Canada) Inc.
The changes in directors for subsidiaries and affiliates are subject to approval at their respective general meeting of shareholders and subsequently by the board of directors.