Johnson & Johnson announced record sales of $16.0 billion for the fourth quarter of 2007, an increase of 16.6% as compared to the fourth quarter of 2006. Operational growth was 11.9% and currency contributed 4.7%. Domestic sales were up 9.1%, while international sales increased 25.8%, reflecting operational growth of 15.3% and a positive currency impact of 10.5%. Worldwide sales for the year 2007 were $61.1 billion, an increase of 14.6% over 2006. On a proforma basis, including the net impact of the acquisition of Pfizer Consumer Healthcare in both periods, worldwide sales increased operationally 4.6% and 4.2% for the fourth-quarter and full-year 2007, respectively.
"Despite challenges in certain markets, our broad base of businesses allowed us to achieve solid results in 2007, building on our foundation of long-term profitable growth," said William C. Weldon, chairman and CEO. "It was a year of significant progress in our pipeline; the successful integration of Pfizer Consumer Healthcare and the creation of new organizational structures focused on future growth."
The company's worldwide consumer segment achieved annual sales in 2007 of $14.5 billion, an increase of 48.3% over the prior year with operational growth of 44.2% and a positive impact from currency of 4.1%. Sales results reflect, according to the company, the strong performance of Listerine antiseptic mouth rinse and the launch of whitening products and skin care lines Aveeno, Clean & Clear and Neutrogena.
J&J Reports 2007 Results
January 22, 2008
Most Popular in Financials
- 310What's Driving L'Oreal's Growth?
- 164Coty to Boost Investment in Power Brands and Reorganization
- 134Avon Decline Led by Divestments, Latin American Challenges
- 125Sally Beauty Holdings Reports Results
- 110L'Oréal Marks Growth in Key Areas
- 93Beiersdorf Releases 2015 Business Results
- 71Oriflame Reports Challenging Results, Growth in Key Markets
- 60Perfume Results Negatively Impact Art & Fragrance Results
- 52L'Oréal Sales €22.9 Billion for 2013, Up 5%
- 50Inter Parfums Provides 2016 Initial Guidance