"Our results this quarter were led by a solid performance from our international operations, while sales in the United States reflected a mixed retail environment,” said William P. Lauder, president and CEO, The Estee Lauder Companies . “Enhanced focus and execution on cost containment in all areas of our business contributed sharply to our strong earnings. We continue to show progress on our strategic initiatives to drive strong top-line growth, provide further cost savings and generate significant and sustainable profit growth."
Estée Lauder Reports Net Sales
January 26, 2006
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Financials
- 139Unilever Releases 2015 Results
- 64L'Oréal Marks Growth in Key Areas
- 55LVMH Strong in 2013 Financial Results with Revenue of €29 Billion
- 33IT Cosmetics to Hit $300 Million in 2015 Sales
- 30Shiseido Marks Fiscal Year End with 12.4% Increase in Net Sales
- 30L'Oréal Sales €22.9 Billion for 2013, Up 5%
- 27Beautycounter Posts 325% Growth
- 26Avon Decline Led by Divestments, Latin American Challenges
- 18Who Are Estée Lauder's Top Performers?
- 18Beiersdorf Releases 2015 Business Results
The Estée Lauder Companies Inc. reported net sales of $1.78 billion for its second fiscal quarter ended December 31, 2005. Excluding the impact of foreign currency translation, net sales rose 5%. The company reported net earnings from continuing operations for the quarter of $150.4 million, up 8% from $139.7 million last year. Diluted earnings per common share from continuing operations for the quarter rose 14% to $.70.