Henkel KGaA announced that fiscal 2006 sales increased 6.4% over the prior year €12.74 billion euros. Organic sales growth, adjusted for foreign exchange and acquisitions/divestments, was 6%, which exceeded the growth of the previous year. Net earnings increased 13.1% to €871 million.
“2006 was another highly successful year for Henkel, one in which we benefited from the introduction of numerous innovative new products and focused market investments,” said Ulrich Lehner, chairman of the management board, Henkel KGaA. “We have also further enhanced the attractiveness of our portfolio and expanded our presence in the important growth regions.” Sales in the cosmetics/toiletries business sector rose by 8.9% percent to €2,864 million. Operating profit rose to €359 million, 11.7% above the prior-year figure.
Henkel expects to achieve organic sales growth of 3-4% percent in 2007, and expects an increase in earnings per preferred share in excess of the rise in organic sales growth.
Henkel Cites Innovation in 2006 Growth
February 1, 2007
Most Popular in Financials
- 310What's Driving L'Oreal's Growth?
- 163Coty to Boost Investment in Power Brands and Reorganization
- 133Avon Decline Led by Divestments, Latin American Challenges
- 123L'Oréal Marks Growth in Key Areas
- 120Sally Beauty Holdings Reports Results
- 91Beiersdorf Releases 2015 Business Results
- 71Oriflame Reports Challenging Results, Growth in Key Markets
- 63L'Oréal Sales €22.9 Billion for 2013, Up 5%
- 60Perfume Results Negatively Impact Art & Fragrance Results
- 56LVMH Strong in 2013 Financial Results with Revenue of €29 Billion