Coty Inc., global beauty and fragrance company, and the KOSÉ Corporation, a Japanese cosmetic company, entered into a licensing agreement to manufacture and distribute Rimmel products in China. Distribution will begin in May 2008, starting with Rimmel’s cosmetics, which include foundation, lipstick, mascara and eye shadow, to select department stores and drugstores in Shanghai.
In 2006, Coty and KOSÉ began distributing Rimmel lines in Japan. With the new strategic agreement, the companies hope to establish the Rimmel brand as a leading beauty trend-setter in China, as well.
“By commencing distribution in China, Coty is accelerating the global brand presence of Rimmel and simultaneously continuing the elevation of Coty’s global presence,” says Bernd Beetz, CEO, Coty Inc.
Financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
Coty Inc. Expands Distribution in Asia
March 11, 2008
Most Popular in Positioning
- 206#NoFilter Beauty
- 82New Hire Has Eye On Silicone Innovation
- 19Air Care Report: P&G Takes on Hotel Smell
- 17Shiseido Repositions Its Clé de Peau Beauté Brand for Global Luxury Market
- 14The Strategy Behind P&G’s Divestments
- 14Belle-Aire Fragrances Hires New Senior Director
- 8P&G Cutting Jobs; Marketing Budget
- 7A Feminine Twist on Sunscreen
- 6Becca Cosmetics Expands to Middle East
- 5Sephora Adds Matte for Men Skin Care Line
- Kline & Co. Reports Growth of Department Stores in China and India
9/19/2008, Leslie Benson
- Sephora Adds Matte for Men Skin Care Line
10/30/2008, Leslie Benson
- Dr. Bronner's Accepted in Whole Foods Market Program
12/11/2008, Jeff Falk
- Nivea Makes Connection in Holiday Celebration Sponsorship
1/6/2009, Jeff Falk
- P&G; BET Networks Partner on Campaign
1/21/2009, Jeff Falk