Sephora announced the launch of Beauty Board, a new social shopping platform to developed to engage consumers through beauty images, allowing them to post, share, browse and shop Sephora’s photo gallery directly on Sephora.com, the mobile site, iPhone and Android apps. Consumers will be able to upload photos, tag the products they use, and give helpful tips on how they achieved the look.
"Our beauty lovers are gathering and sharing beauty tips across a variety of social properties like Instagram and Pinterest, as well as our blog and beauty community site," said Julie Bornstein, executive vice president and chief marketing and digital officer at Sephora. "So we took what we admire as social users to the next level by developing and integrating our newest social site, Beauty Board, into our Sephora.com experience. Sephora shoppers can now share looks or hauls, and tag all of the products they used to make shopping easy for the entire beauty community. Best of all, we designed Beauty Board to seamlessly connect with our clients' other social platforms, providing an informative and social shopping experience for all."
Using their current Sephora.com account information or signing up for a new account, consumers will be able to create their own social accounts on Beauty Board that will allow them to upload and tag their own beauty images. The Beauty Board will simultaneously launch on desktop and mobile at the same time, making it easy for users to upload their photos via their mobile devices. The Beauty Board features:
- Filters based on interest—Need a great smoky eye look? Want to see other people's skin care routines? The Beauty Board allows members to search across the site for inspiration from other users in a variety of ways, from newest and most popular, to unique categories like hauls and skincare, plus keyword and hashtag search.
- "Tag-able Beauty"—Beauty Board users can tag all the products they used in their posts, so other beauty addicts can get the same look and shop for any of the tagged products on sephora.com.
- The ability to "Love" photos to be saved for later—Love a look, but don't have an occasion for it just yet? No problem—save it for later by "Loving" it.
- Infinite inspiration—Browse an endless amount of photos from multiple beauty evangelists including Sephora users, stores, the beauty pro team, HQ staff and brands.
- Share across your networks—Any upload can be exported to the consumer's social channels on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Google Plus.
Users of Sephora’s innovative Beauty Board already include top beauty influencers like Beautyblitz.com, Beautyhigh.com,PopSugar.com, Byrdie.com, Temptalia.com and the Sephora Pro Team. The Beauty Board is an innovative way for clients to share their expertise and enthusiasm for beauty and allows the beauty-obsessed to browse, discover, create, and connect.