Most Popular in:
Allure Magazine Names Beauty Award Winners
Posted: September 10, 2013
Allure magazine announced the 246 winners of its 2013 Best of Beauty Awards, the anticipated list of Allure-judged best beauty products on the market, at an awards event held at Lincoln Center and hosted by editor in chief Linda Wells along with VP and publisher Agnes B. Chapski.
Thousands of beauty products are launched each year as consumer demand continues to grow, driving the expansion of the beauty and personal care industry in the United States to an estimated $72.6 billion by 2016. Allure's Best of Beauty Awards identifies effective and innovative products in the marketplace through rigorous testing of tens of thousands of products by Allure editors and consultation with experts, such as dermatologists, makeup artists, hairstylists and cosmetic chemists. Allure's Best of Beauty Awards are distinctive from other such editorial endorsements in that editors test products from the entire market and not just those from brands that advertise.
This year's winners include:
- The Big Breakthroughs: Fourteen of the most game-changing innovative products of the year, such as the Color Wow Root Cover Up, the Sephora + Pantone IQ Color IQ system, and the T3 Featherweight Luxe 2i hair-dryer.
- Eyes: The mascaras, liners, and shadows that will make your eyes bigger, brighter and sexier, such as the L'Oréal Paris Voluminous Lashes Waterproof Mascara, which testing revealed can withstand the sweatiest Spin class but also gently washes away.
- Hair: The products that will deliver shinier, healthier hair, such as the Pantene AgeDefy Advanced Thickening Treatment, which makes skimpy strands thicker with a daily spritz.
- Cheap Thrills: The products that cost $10 or less that deliver and stood out from the rest in testing, including CoverGirl Clean Whipped Creme Foundation, which demonstrates remarkable endurance in keeping complexions looking flawless despite being extremely airy and blendable.
- Skin: The exceptional skin care products that deliver the best cleansing, moisturizing and anti-aging results, such as Elure's Advanced Lightening Lotion, which diminishes discoloration in four weeks with a natural enzyme.
The full results of Allure's Best of Beauty Awards can be found at allure.com/go/best-of-beauty and in the October 2013 issue of Allure, hitting newsstands September 17, 2013.