According to Glenn Mouser, vice-president of research and development at Omega Tech Labs, the company has formulated a lip gloss that curbs the wearer's appetite. The gloss, Promise, is an all-natural blend of botanical oils that have been used as appetite suppressants for centuries, claims the company.
"Medical doctors and their patients have tested the effectiveness of Promise with positive results," says Mouser. "Promise is not sweetened. It is not candy. It is a functional product."
To send us a comment on this or any news item on the site, click here.
Lip Gloss Claims Weight Loss Benefits
February 6, 2007
Most Popular in Claims
- 92Omics: a New Era in Smart Skin Care?
- 53Communicating Skin Care Benefits to Consumers
- 41DNA Renewal Pledges Younger-looking Skin
- 41Can You Measure Cosmetics' Quality of Life Impact?
- 40Subjective and Objective
- 15Labeling Claims—Untangling the Rules
- 10Dandruff in the 21st Century
- 6New Method Developed for Nanoparticle Claims
- 6Croda Acquires IRB and Gains Plant Stem Cell Extraction Technology
- 5Legitimizing Claims
- Chemical Reaction: The Power of Soap
10/7/2008, Steve Herman
- Justifying Skin Care Claims
2/3/2009, Imogen Matthews
- Pushing Boundaries: Claims & Substantiation in Skin Care
4/7/2009, Leslie Benson
- Labeling Claims—Untangling the Rules
9/3/2009, David C. Steinberg
- The Pitfalls and Burdens of Claims
2/2/2010, Marie Alice Dibon, PharmD