Posted: August 25, 2009
Aveda introduced three botanically-based lip treatments to increase lip volume and moisture. Gliding on like a lip gloss but with the protective qualities of a balm, Aveda’s Nourish-Mint line comes in Sheer Mineral Lip Colors, Smoothing Lip Colors and a Renewing Lip Treatment. The Treatment is a colorless blend meant to be worn alone or under color. The sheer lipsticks are carmine-free and 100% mineral-derived, offering seven glazes. For richer color, smoothing shades range from pinks to browns to reds and purple tones. Certified organic oils complete the Nourish-Mint aroma; the most prominent flavors are spearmint, vanilla and peppermint. The lipsticks—available in spas, salons and online—boast soy, bilberry, raspberry wax and other ingredients, as well as 88% post-consumer primary packaging. Aveda manufactures its products in a 100% wind powered facility.
Most Popular in Cosmetics
- 690Naked Innovation
- 232Air Cushion Makeup: The Next Big Beauty Trend?
- 219Color Makeup is Going Premium in the US
- 123Taking Risks for Better Beauty with Maybelline New York and CEW
- 123The Nail Polish Effect
- 95SWEAT Cosmetics Lets You Play Hard and Look Good
- 85NARS' Latest Will Make You Blush
- 70Top Beauty Trends in 2014 Reported by Euromonitor
- 62Plume's Lash & Brow Enhancing Serum Offers Natural Solution
- 60Shiseido's Plan to Innovate Color Cosmetics