Posted: August 25, 2009
Aveda introduced three botanically-based lip treatments to increase lip volume and moisture. Gliding on like a lip gloss but with the protective qualities of a balm, Aveda’s Nourish-Mint line comes in Sheer Mineral Lip Colors, Smoothing Lip Colors and a Renewing Lip Treatment. The Treatment is a colorless blend meant to be worn alone or under color. The sheer lipsticks are carmine-free and 100% mineral-derived, offering seven glazes. For richer color, smoothing shades range from pinks to browns to reds and purple tones. Certified organic oils complete the Nourish-Mint aroma; the most prominent flavors are spearmint, vanilla and peppermint. The lipsticks—available in spas, salons and online—boast soy, bilberry, raspberry wax and other ingredients, as well as 88% post-consumer primary packaging. Aveda manufactures its products in a 100% wind powered facility.
Most Popular in Cosmetics
- 179Celebrating Imperfection: Victoria Beckham's New Estee Lauder Collection
- 178Welcome to Peak "Dupe"
- 165Air Cushion Makeup: The Next Big Beauty Trend?
- 134Lancôme Launches Made-to-Measure Makeup
- 125Hop on the Black Lip Reign Train
- 123Shiseido Gets Mobile and Compact with Playlist
- 114Basking in Milk Makeup's Glow
- 101Walgreens Goes Neon
- 71Taking Risks for Better Beauty with Maybelline New York and CEW
- 45Two Decades Calls for a Chilling Collection