Posted: August 25, 2009
Aveda introduced three botanically-based lip treatments to increase lip volume and moisture. Gliding on like a lip gloss but with the protective qualities of a balm, Aveda’s Nourish-Mint line comes in Sheer Mineral Lip Colors, Smoothing Lip Colors and a Renewing Lip Treatment. The Treatment is a colorless blend meant to be worn alone or under color. The sheer lipsticks are carmine-free and 100% mineral-derived, offering seven glazes. For richer color, smoothing shades range from pinks to browns to reds and purple tones. Certified organic oils complete the Nourish-Mint aroma; the most prominent flavors are spearmint, vanilla and peppermint. The lipsticks—available in spas, salons and online—boast soy, bilberry, raspberry wax and other ingredients, as well as 88% post-consumer primary packaging. Aveda manufactures its products in a 100% wind powered facility.
Most Popular in Cosmetics
- 751Instagram-friendly Beauty
- 661Who Were the Most Popular Cosmetic Brands in 2016?
- 544Color Cosmetics Throw a Good Party
- 3806 Innovative Emerging Cosmetics Trends
- 320Ready, Set, Mist
- 252Should We Just Get in Line Now?
- 203Can Scentbird Reinvent the Cosmetic Subscription Service?
- 199And the Refinery29 Beauty Innovator Award Winners are...
- 191Millennials Driving the Digital Beauty Revolution
- 183Marc Jacobs Beauty Collection to Launch January 2017