Posted: August 25, 2009
BASF Introduces Dehyton® AO 45 – The First Commercial Microalgae-Derived Betaine Surfactant — BASF Personal Care
Aveda introduced three botanically-based lip treatments to increase lip volume and moisture. Gliding on like a lip gloss but with the protective qualities of a balm, Aveda’s Nourish-Mint line comes in Sheer Mineral Lip Colors, Smoothing Lip Colors and a Renewing Lip Treatment. The Treatment is a colorless blend meant to be worn alone or under color. The sheer lipsticks are carmine-free and 100% mineral-derived, offering seven glazes. For richer color, smoothing shades range from pinks to browns to reds and purple tones. Certified organic oils complete the Nourish-Mint aroma; the most prominent flavors are spearmint, vanilla and peppermint. The lipsticks—available in spas, salons and online—boast soy, bilberry, raspberry wax and other ingredients, as well as 88% post-consumer primary packaging. Aveda manufactures its products in a 100% wind powered facility.
Most Popular in Cosmetics
- 491The New Norm: Custom Beauty
- 305Birchbox Launches First In-house Brand
- 289Beauty Trends for Fall/Winter 2015-2016
- 195The Nail Polish Effect
- 175Top Beauty Trends in 2014 Reported by Euromonitor
- 163Taking Risks for Better Beauty with Maybelline New York and CEW
- 128Air Cushion Makeup: The Next Big Beauty Trend?
- 94Dermelect Cosmeceuticals’ 4-In-1 Smooth Lip Solution
- 75Selfie Beauty
- 59CEW Crowns 2014 Beauty Insiders' Choice Award Winners