Posted: August 25, 2009
Aveda introduced three botanically-based lip treatments to increase lip volume and moisture. Gliding on like a lip gloss but with the protective qualities of a balm, Aveda’s Nourish-Mint line comes in Sheer Mineral Lip Colors, Smoothing Lip Colors and a Renewing Lip Treatment. The Treatment is a colorless blend meant to be worn alone or under color. The sheer lipsticks are carmine-free and 100% mineral-derived, offering seven glazes. For richer color, smoothing shades range from pinks to browns to reds and purple tones. Certified organic oils complete the Nourish-Mint aroma; the most prominent flavors are spearmint, vanilla and peppermint. The lipsticks—available in spas, salons and online—boast soy, bilberry, raspberry wax and other ingredients, as well as 88% post-consumer primary packaging. Aveda manufactures its products in a 100% wind powered facility.
Most Popular in Cosmetics
- 400Kiss Me through the Phone
- 360This is What Successful Innovation Looks Like
- 2204 Look-at-Me Palettes for Spring/Summer 2017
- 197Amazingly Addictive New Lipstick App
- 181Air Cushion Makeup: The Next Big Beauty Trend?
- 158BASF Lets Its Colors Burst
- 147Naked Innovation
- 117A Decade Celebration for Dermelect Cosmeceuticals
- 115Loud and Proud Brows
- 105ORLY Promotes Breathable Nails