Posted: August 25, 2009
Aveda introduced three botanically-based lip treatments to increase lip volume and moisture. Gliding on like a lip gloss but with the protective qualities of a balm, Aveda’s Nourish-Mint line comes in Sheer Mineral Lip Colors, Smoothing Lip Colors and a Renewing Lip Treatment. The Treatment is a colorless blend meant to be worn alone or under color. The sheer lipsticks are carmine-free and 100% mineral-derived, offering seven glazes. For richer color, smoothing shades range from pinks to browns to reds and purple tones. Certified organic oils complete the Nourish-Mint aroma; the most prominent flavors are spearmint, vanilla and peppermint. The lipsticks—available in spas, salons and online—boast soy, bilberry, raspberry wax and other ingredients, as well as 88% post-consumer primary packaging. Aveda manufactures its products in a 100% wind powered facility.
Most Popular in Cosmetics
- 531Is This the Future of Nail Polish?
- 379Naked Innovation
- 270Air Cushion Makeup: The Next Big Beauty Trend?
- 238These Are the Top 5 Blemish Balm and Color Correction Brands
- 216Shiseido's Plan to Innovate Color Cosmetics
- 195Taking Risks for Better Beauty with Maybelline New York and CEW
- 176The Nail Polish Effect
- 148SWEAT Cosmetics Lets You Play Hard and Look Good
- 124Top Beauty Trends in 2014 Reported by Euromonitor
- 78Top Drivers of Color Cosmetics to 2020