Posted: August 25, 2009
Aveda introduced three botanically-based lip treatments to increase lip volume and moisture. Gliding on like a lip gloss but with the protective qualities of a balm, Aveda’s Nourish-Mint line comes in Sheer Mineral Lip Colors, Smoothing Lip Colors and a Renewing Lip Treatment. The Treatment is a colorless blend meant to be worn alone or under color. The sheer lipsticks are carmine-free and 100% mineral-derived, offering seven glazes. For richer color, smoothing shades range from pinks to browns to reds and purple tones. Certified organic oils complete the Nourish-Mint aroma; the most prominent flavors are spearmint, vanilla and peppermint. The lipsticks—available in spas, salons and online—boast soy, bilberry, raspberry wax and other ingredients, as well as 88% post-consumer primary packaging. Aveda manufactures its products in a 100% wind powered facility.
Most Popular in Cosmetics
- 846These Are the Top 5 Lipstick Shades of the Season
- 266Air Cushion Makeup: The Next Big Beauty Trend?
- 169The Nail Polish Effect
- 142Beauty Trends for Fall/Winter 2015-2016
- 120Print Your Perfect Tone: Meet Adorn
- 115Taking Risks for Better Beauty with Maybelline New York and CEW
- 91Impact Colors Releases Color Trends 2016+
- 88New Brand, New Makeup Collaborations
- 86Top Beauty Trends in 2014 Reported by Euromonitor
- 80Sabotage Skin Concerns with Camouflage