On Tuesday, June 18, 2013, the Independent Cosmetics Manufacturers and Distributors (ICMAD) awarded its 2013 Cosmetic Innovator of the Year (CITY) Awards at an exclusive ceremony in Battery Gardens in New York. The winning brands represent new breakout products, packaging and advertising campaigns in the beauty industry. From cosmetics to package design, body care to social media, each new innovation stood out above the rest this year. With the title of “Cosmetic Innovator of the Year,” plus inclusion in the ICMAD prestigious nationwide trunk show, these brands will now have the opportunity and support to gain acclaim on the world’s stage.
Winners were selected by five judges and experts from the beauty, design and marketing industries. Judges included Ron Robinson, former cosmetics chemist and founder of BeautyStat.com; Maria Corbiscello, president of creative beauty concept firm Studio MC2; Jerome Bérard of Bérard Associates strategic thinking consultants; David Lyon, executive director at Syntex NYC; and Laura Kenney, editor in chief of YouBeauty.com.
President of L’Oréal luxury products division and beauty industry leader Carol Hamilton delivered the keynote address and offered words of wisdom and encouragement to all those in attendance.
And, the 2013 ICMAD Cosmetic Innovator of the Year (CITY) Award winners are:
- Product Innovation, Color Cosmetic: ECRU Lifestyle Beauty/BeautyADDICTS ShowOFF Mascara
- Product Innovation, Skincare Face: Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Ferulic + Retinol Triple Correction Eye Serum
- Product Innovation, Bath & Body: Your Body Scrubber/Daily Concepts
- Product Innovation, Fragrance: Intertrade Europe Eight & Bob
- Product Innovation, Haircare: Oribe Haircare Gold Lust
- Package Design Innovation, Color Cosmetics: Blinc Ultrathin Eyeliner Pen
- Package Design Innovation, Skincare Face: IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Redness Color Correcting Cream with Stand & Brush
- Package Design Innovation, Bath, Body and Haircare: Thymes Temple Tree Jasmine Body Lotion
- Packaging Design Innovation, Fragrance: Intertrade Europe Eight & Bob
- Marketing/Advertising Innovation, Print: Cosmetic Insurance Services Not a Time of Loss
- Marketing/Advertising Innovation, Social Media: NYX Cosmetics 2012 Face Award
- Marketing/Advertising Innovation, Grass Roots Marketing: The Elixery Dessa Lipstick
- Member’s Choice Product: Classic Cosmetics Jelly Eye Shadow
- Member’s Choice Package Design: Crafting Beauty Hayari Goldy