Based on research into the international worlds of fine fragrance, fashion and design, U.K.-based fragrance company Seven Scent’s latest trends report identifies three key fragrance accords that it expects to be strongly evident in the spring/summer collections of 2014.
- Rose—Offering a modern twist on tradition, the floral scent gives a light and refreshing direction, enhanced by feminine fruity notes and accents of clean aldehydes and musk.
- Strawberry—The sweet and juicy fruit gives a distinctive fruity-green aroma with sublime flowery and spicy nuances and a hint of caramel.
- Gourmand—Continuing to exert influence, the new season sees a subtle suggestion of caramel and chocolate.
“The spring/summer season always marks a move toward lighter fragrances more suited to sunny days, and 2014 is no exception. Inspired by farmers’ markets and flower stalls, we’ll see a return to summery accords which this time feature fresh strawberry, delicate rose and gentle hints of sweet gourmand aromas,” commented Miri Scott, fragrance insight manager, Seven Scent.
Seven’s bi-annual trends report also introduces its own interpretation of the next year’s fragrance trends under its “Future Vision” series. Each theme evokes a strong sense of style, mood and emotion and is captured in three fragrance collections, which include:
- Kaleidoscope—A celebration of life, bursting with vibrant fruity floral scents with lush greens and a hint of citrus.
- Digital—Inspired by the social media revolution, transparent florals, cool musks and sheer metallic accords blend to create a contemporary and reflective mood.
- Elemental—Earthy colours and rustic elegance provide the backdrop to this fragrance collection, where white florals and creamy accords combine with soft woods.