FiFi Finalists Announced
Posted: April 23, 2010
A record audience marked the 2010 FiFi Breakfast as luxury and mass retailers begin to see stabilization and progress in sales. During the event, the organization presented its Technological Breakthrough
awards for both fragrance creation/formulation and packaging/delivery systems.
The former went to Givaudan for its Miriad 2.0
technology, profiled in the May issue
of Perfumer & Flavorist
magazine. In accepting, Kate Greene, Givaudan's vice president of marketing, called the technology the company's "guiding light" for fragrance development, allowing it to pursue creation from a "consumer is boss" point of view.
The packaging award, meanwhile, went to Victorinox Swiss Army.
- Crescent Row Collection: laugh with me Lee Lee/something about Sofia/my place or yours Gina - Benefit Cosmetics
- Flora by Gucci - P&G Prestige Products, Inc.
- Lola Marc Jacobs- Coty Prestige
- Very Hollywood Michael Kors Eau de Parfum - The Estée Lauder Companies Inc.
- YSL Parisienne -YSL Beaute
- ckfree Calvin Klein - Coty Prestige
- D&G Fragrance Anthology - P&G Prestige Products, Inc.
- Givenchy PLAY - Parfums Givenchy
- Only the Brave - Diesel Fragrances, L'Oréal
- Shiseido Zen for Men - Shiseido Cosmetics America
- Tom Ford Grey Vetiver - The Estée Lauder Companies Inc.
Women’s Popular Appeal (tie resulted in six finalists)
- Avril Lavigne Black Star - P&G Prestige Products, Inc.
- Faith Hill Parfums - Coty
- Flirt! Flowerific Perfume Spray - The Estée Lauder Companies Inc.
- Halle by Halle Berry - Coty
- Mariah Carey Ultra Pink - Elizabeth Arden
- Super Samba Woman - The Perfumer’s Workshop Int’l., Ltd.
Men’s Popular Appeal (three finalists in this category)
- Playboy - Coty
- Seduction in Black - Antonio Banderas - Puig USA, Inc.
- Super Samba Man - The Perfumer's Workshop Int'l., Ltd.
Women’s Nouveau Niche
- Bond No. 9 Astor Place - Bond No.9 New York
- Eau Mega by Viktor & Rolf - L'Oréal USA
- essence narciso rodriguez eau de parfum - Beauté Prestige International
- Jo Malone Vanilla & Anise - The Estée Lauder Companies Inc.
- L'Eau Ambrée by Prada - Puig USA, Inc.
Men’s Nouveau Niche (four finalists in this category)
- Black Fleece by Brooks Brothers Eau De Toilette - Inter Parfums USA
- Bond No.9 Brooklyn - Bond No.9 New York
- Bond No.9 Perfume - Bond No.9 New York
- Collage by 3.1 Phillip Lim & Natalie Gracia-Cetto; Ende/Anfang by Damir Doma & Yann Vasnier; Solar Donkey Power by Henrik Vibskov & Louise Turner; Smell by Henry Holland & Stephen Nilsen; Nicoll 17 by Richard Nicoll & Rodrigo Flores Roux; Whiskey Caramélisé by Toga & Alexandra Kosinski - Six Scents Parfums Inc.
Women’s Private Label/Direct Sell (four finalists in this category)
- Bath & Body Works Signature Collection Twilight Woods EDT - Bath & Body Works
- In Bloom by Reese Witherspoon - Avon Products, Inc.
- Love Rocks - Victoria's Secret
- Naturelle - Yves Rocher North America Inc.
Men’s Private Label/Direct Sell (three finalists in this category)
- comme une Evidence - Yves Rocher North America Inc.
- Patrick Dempsey 2 - Avon Products, Inc.
- Vertical - Victoria's Secret
- Baroque Pearl for Gump's (women's) - Ghrough Smoke Creative
- Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire (women's) - Guerlain
- Halston Man Eau de Toilette (men's) - Elizabeth Arden
- L'Oeuvre Noire Back to Black Aphrodisiac (unisex) - Kilian
- Tom Ford Private Blend White Suede (unisex/women's) - Estee Lauder
- Tuberose Trilogy (unisex) - Histoires de Parfums
- Christian Dior Parfums
- Cosmo International Fragrances