Delicious Living magazine announced the winners of its second annual Beauty & Body Awards, which the magazine initiated, according to a press release, to educate consumers on the claims and benefits of natural beauty and body care in a market increasingly saturated with new products and often conflicting natural and green claims.
“Our readers are savvy and discerning regarding the products they buy, eat and apply to their bodies, and are becoming increasingly educated about the natural personal care market,” said Jessica Rubino, beauty editor of Delicious Living magazine. “These award winners reflect an effective, eco- and health-conscious beauty and body collection any consumer can feel confident purchasing and using.”
To determine the winners, Delicious Living’s editorial team called on readers and industry experts to nominate brands and products for consideration. More than 75 products were tested and judged based on efficacy, ingredients, and social and sustainability efforts, and 16 were tapped as winners within their categories.
The 2011 Delicious Living magazine Beauty & Body Award winners are:
- Anti-aging: Emerita Fine Line Eye Serum
- Facial Moisturizer: MyChelle Supreme Polypeptide Cream
- Toner: Lily Organics Rose Facial Toner
- Exfoliant: Derma E Microdermabrasion Scrub
- Toothpaste: Organique by Himalaya Neem and Pomegranate Toothpaste
- Lip Balm: Mountain Ocean Lip Trip
- Hair Care: Desert Essence Coconut Shampoo and Conditioner
- Hand Cream: ShiKai Borage Dry Skin Therapy
- Nails: PeaceKeeper Cause-Metics Natural Nail Polish, Eco-Easy Nail Polish Remover
- Tinted Moisturizer: Juice Beauty SPF30 Mineral Light Moisturizer
- Facial Cleanser: MyChelle Fruit Enzyme Cleanser
- Deodorant: Crystal Solos Wipes
- Eye Pencil: Mineral Fusion Azure Eye Pencil
- Body Oil: Weleda Pomegranate Regenerating Body Oil
- Soap: Sonoma Soap Company Moisturizing Bar Soap
- Body Moisturizer: Earth Science Multi-Therapy Hand, Body & Massage Lotion
More about the winners and the runner-ups are available through Delicious Living.