Most Popular in:
Natural & Organic
Seeing the Beauty in Sustainability: Organic Monitor Announces 2014 Sustainable Beauty Awards
Posted: August 22, 2014
Organic Monitor announced details of its 2014 Sustainable Beauty Awards. Entries are now open to this awards event, which is dedicated to sustainability in the beauty industry. The deadline for award entries is October 15, 2014; finalists will be notified by October 31, 2014; and the winners will be announced at a dedicated awards reception in Paris on November 24, 2014.
The aim of the Sustainable Beauty Awards is to give recognition to beauty, cosmetic and related brands and firms pushing the boundaries of sustainability in the beauty industry. The awards are open to all operators in the beauty industry, spanning cosmetic brands, ingredient firms and packaging companies to industry organizations and associations.
The awards have five categories, each representing different aspects of sustainability:
- Sustainable Packaging Award—for packaging with a lower environmental impact
- Green Formulations Award—for a beauty brand with a high level of natural and organic ingredients
- Sustainable Ingredient Award—for a material that makes a significant difference in terms of environmental and/or social impact
- Sustainability Pioneer Award—for an operator that leads in, or has pioneered, a specific area
- Sustainability Leadership Award—for an operator that leads in various beauty industry sustainability aspects
The winners and runner-ups for each award category will be announced at the awards reception at the Paris Marriott Champs-Elysées on November 24, 2014. The reception will take place alongside the European edition of the Sustainable Cosmetics Summit. Winners and finalists will benefit from media coverage and industry recognition of their sustainability achievements.
The 2013 awards received more than 100 entries from beauty and related firms from across the globe. The 15 finalists comprised large beauty multinationals, dedicated natural and organic cosmetic brands, ingredient firms, fragrance houses, and small start-ups, and the event organizer expects a similar response in 2014. Commented Amarjit Sahota, president of Organic Monitor, “Many beauty firms are seeking recognition of their ecological and societal commitments. As well as giving such recognition, we hope the Sustainability Beauty Awards continues to raise the sustainability bar in the beauty industry.”