Most Popular in:
Dove Launches a Premium Skin Care Line
Posted: May 8, 2014
Women who suffer from the symptoms of extremely dry skin often experience discomfort and self-consciousness, which affects their daily lives. In fact, 72% of women in the U.S. say that their dry skin makes them look less beautiful. Dove is addressing these concerns with its new Dove DermaSeries, a range of premium cleansers and creams that provide superior care for extremely dry, compromised skin. The skin care collection was developed in partnership with dermatologists and is most effective when used as a two-step daily regimen.
Dove DermaSeries is the first premium skin care line from the brand and builds upon its heritage in mildness and superior care. Dove collaborated with leading dermatologists to leverage their skin care expertise, experience treating severe skin dryness, knowledge of the best ingredients and understanding of patients' specific issues. The result is a product range that both dry skin sufferers and dermatologists can rely on to relieve dry skin symptoms.
One of the partner dermatologists who contributed to the development of the premium Dove DermaSeries line and provided critical insight into understanding extremely dry skin is Dr. Ranella Hirsch, a Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology (FAAD). "Dry skin is a pervasive problem that can manifest as redness, itching and uncomfortable tightness," says Dr. Hirsch. "It was such a wonderful opportunity to be able to help create a product line that specifically addresses these core concerns while delivering an exceptional user experience. I'm delighted to partner with Dove on the DermaSeries line and to have these products to recommend to my patients as a beautiful way to alleviate dry skin symptoms."
The elegantly packaged Dove DermaSeries contains proven ingredients that alleviate the symptoms of dry skin conditions and deliver a beautiful sensorial experience. These ingredients include glycinate, a mild cleanser that provides a gentle cleanse with a rich, creamy lather and stearic acid, a skin-natural lipid to help replenish moisture lost during cleansing. The creams are lightweight, non-sticky and non-greasy and absorb quickly into skin for an enjoyable experience.
"We are proud of the technology and innovation behind Dove DermaSeries," says Steve Miles, global senior vice president at Dove brand owner Unilever. "We believe the range offers genuinely superior skin benefits through products that both look and feel beautiful."
Through the new range, Dove is introducing an exclusive, patent-pending technology, PPAR Activation Complex, which addresses the unique skin care needs of those with extremely dry, compromised skin. The formula found in the Dove DermaSeries creams combines 12-hydroxystearic acid (12-HSA), a fatty acid that works twice as well as stearic acid, glycerin (a potent humectant) and natural emulsifiers to activate PPARs, proteins found in the skin. PPARs and 12-HSA work within the deepest surface layers to help in the formation of better quality skin cells, creating a better quality hydration barrier.
"Dry skin sufferers are often very familiar with product ingredients. They actively seek out cleansers and creams that will alleviate symptoms while truly caring for their sensitive skin without irritating it," says Beth Pearson, a Unilever research and development scientist. "We have used the most caring ingredients to formulate Dove DermaSeries to ensure the most gentle cleansing and intense moisturization. Our research has been dedicated towards creating a superior product range with state-of-the-art technology. We developed the proprietary PPAR Activation Complex to create a highly efficacious formula that offers a superior experience through the sensories of the product. We are proud that these products provide superior moisturization to prescription creams and top dermatologist-recommended brands."
The premium Dove DermaSeries skincare collection includes:
- Ultra Caring Gentle Cleansing Bar—a moisturizing bar infused with skin-natural lipids that is specially formulated to provide ultra-mild cleansing for even extremely dry, irritated skin
- Ultra Caring Gentle Body Cleanser—specially formulated to provide ultra-mild cleansing for extremely dry, delicate and irritated skin; this formula, infused with glycinate (extremely mild cleanser with rich lather), hydrating glycerin and skin-natural lipids, gently cleanses while replenishing skin's natural moisture barrier
- Ultra Caring Gentle Cream Face Cleanser—mon-comedogenic, non-foaming, cream facial cleanser; enriched with skin-natural lipids, is specially formulated to provide ultra-mild cleansing for even extremely dry, delicate and irritated skin
- Intense Repairing Body Cream—provides relief of dryness symptoms, while helping to repair dry and damaged skin over time with continued use; promotes skin barrier repair through intense moisturization and patent-pending PPAR Activation Complex; proven to penetrate deep into skin helping to establish skin's healthy hydration balance and a more resilient skin barrier
- Intense Repairing Rough Patch Treatment—emollient-rich balm contains PPAR Activation Complex and a blend of natural oils to repair and protect severely dry skin; over time, the balm is clinically proven to re-establish skin's healthy hydration balance and build a more resilient skin barrier; smoothes and helps repair even the thickest and roughest spots such as on elbows, knees, heels and hands.
Together with the advanced formulation and elegant packaging, Dove DermaSeries delivers a beautiful sensorial experience via a premium skin care range. Dove DermaSeries will be sold at select retail partners nationwide beginning May 2014.