Most Popular in:
GCI Moderated Panel at 2011 Luxe Pack NY
Posted: May 10, 2011
During Luxe Pack New York, May 18–19, Abby Penning, associate editor of GCI, will moderate the “New Innovations from Exhibitors” panel discussion, looking at new innovations and how these innovations and wider trends are affecting packaging in today’s marketplace. The panel will look at how sustainability efforts and its implications are becoming a bigger touchstone in beauty packaging, as well as meeting consumer demands and expectations through focused consumer studies.
The speakers include:
- Alex Hayden, director of R&D, Amcor Flexibles
- Isabelle Orhan, business development director and marketing and innovation director, Promens
- Anisa Telwar, president, Anisa International Inc.
- Doug Jackson, marketing manager, North America, Albéa
- Benny Calderone, Jr., director of sales and marketing, PKG Group
- Earl Trout, director of marketing, MWV Personal and Beauty division
Other seminars include:
- “A Global Perspective on the Role of Packaging in Building Luxury Brands,” presented by Bérard Associates’ Jerome Bérard and Jana Reichle;
- “The Intuitive Compass—An Original Model for Innovation,” by Francis Cholle of the The Human Company;
- “The New Packaging Paradigm,” a panel with Marc Rosen, Nick Gavrelis of MAC Cosmetics, Frederic Jacques of Mane USA; Linda Levy of Macy’s and Karen Young of The Young Group;
- “Selling to a Global Market: How Cultural and Regional Relevance Effect Product and Package,” a panel featuring Allan Hafkin of Estee Lauder, Scott Widro of Gurwitch Products and Elle Morris of LPK Beauty;
- “Design as a Strategic Advantage,” with the Fashion Institute of Technology’s Marianne Rosner Klimchuk; and
- the “Are There Any Limits in the Design of Luxury Packaging?” panel including Laurent Hainaut of Raison Pure NYC; Henry de Monclin of HDM Design Lab, Christophe Pradère of BETC Design, Xavier Ricolfi of Noème Design Studio and moderated by Guillaume Bregeras, editor in chief of Formes de Luxe.
- Additionally, the event will offer special exhibits in its Luxe Pack Innovation Forum, the Material ConneXion Lab, which will provide insights about new luxury packaging materials, and at the Pratt Institute “Marc Rosen Scholarship for Graduate Package Design” recipients’ designs feature.