On Sept. 19, ICMAD (Independent Cosmetic Manufacturers and Distributors), held its annual Young Designers’ Awards Dinner at 24 Fifth. The competition was established in 1999 to encourage and develop young creative talent in the cosmetic and personal care industries. ICMAD executive director Penni Jones, who spearheaded the initiative, introduced David Schieffelin, ICMAD president, who acknowledged the sponsors of the event: Columbia Cosmetics, HBA Global Expo, Models Prefer, Ltd., CPC magazine, GCI magazine, Happi/Package Design, Schaeffer Family Foundation, Masterpiece International, CBI Laboratories, Partnership Tina Shaw, Weber International Packaging and Susan Rafaj Marketing Services.
Guest speaker Jean Hoehn Zimmerman, former executive vice president of Chanel, discussed her nomadic life and career path, which took her from advertising and communications to marketing and private development positions at Bristol Myers, The Estée Lauder Companies and Chanel. After 27 years with Chanel, Zimmerman now works with small entrepreneurial brands whose biggest concern is packaging. She noted the importance of working as a team and the creation of a strong visual identity and strong, meaningful packaging as essentials for success.
In the spirit of packaging innovation and creativity in the industry, Jones congratulated this year’s student winners: Elizabeth Zelinski, Fashion Institute of Technology, New York, first place; Junghoon Park, Savannah College of Art and Design, Savannah, Georgia, second place; and Johanna Tysk, Savannah College of Art and Design, third place. Judges included John Collier, president and creative director, Susan Rafaj Marketing Services; Santo Fareri, president, SRF Design, Ltd.; Gregg Lukasiewicz, president, Lukasiewicz Design, Inc.; Laura Lee Miller, president, Vera Wang Licensing; and Rick Prater, president, Rick Prater Design.
ICMAD Presents Young Designers’ Awards
December 10, 2007
Most Popular in Event Coverage
- 282InnoCos Digital NY 2015 Part 2: Smart Packaging & Optimizing Retail
- 207Beauty's Digital and Social Media Leaders Honored at innoCos Digital
- 55Marketing Beauty to the Hispanic Consumer
- 49Future Beauty Industry Leaders Forecast Beauty in 2020
- 47The Customized Consumer Experience: Cosmopack New York Wrap-up
- 46CEW 2015 Beauty Award Winners Announced
- 43CEW UK Honors Beauty Shapers and Influencers
- 33Considering Asia’s Beauty Markets
- 28Summit Looks at Sustainable Issues Within the Beauty Industry
- 25Cosmoprof 2015: Developing & Executing Great Ideas