Most Popular in:
CEW (UK) Beauty Award Winners
Posted: April 23, 2008On April 21, 300 influential names in the beauty industry gathered at London's Sheraton Hotel for the third annual Cosmetic Executive Women (CEW) UK Beauty Awards. This year, CEW added three new categories: Best British Brand, Best Iconic Beauty Product (Mass or Prestige) and Best New Organic Skincare Product (Prestige).
“This year’s awards have been the most successful to date," said Caroline Neville, president, CEW (UK). "CEW (UK) looks at the awards very carefully to make sure they represent not only the industry’s but the consumers’ needs. It’s a way of recognizing industry excellence but also getting the word out to the consumer of what to buy.”
Over 200 products were entered, and 28 winners were chosen for recognition of product innovation and excellence in UK beauty products. Winners included:
- Niche brand Tommy Guns won its first award with the Pomegranate & Orange Flower Shampoo for Best New Haircare / Colouring Product (Mass)
- First time entrant No7 won the Best New Skincare Product (Mass) with Protect & Perfect Beauty Serum
- For the third year running Elemis took home the award for Best New Men’s Grooming Product, this year for Time Defence Wrinkle Delay
- Clarins walked away with both the prestigious Best Iconic Beauty Product and its second win in the Best New Sun Product (Prestige) with its After Sun Replenishing Moisture Care, giving the brand a total of seven awards since 2006
- Coty Inc won its second award for Best New Women’s Celebrity Fragrance with Sarah Jessica Parker Covet
- First time entrant Urban Retreat won two mass-market awards; Best New Brand and Best New Make-up Products with Smart Base and Blusher
Each winner was chosen by the 600-strong membership of CEW (UK). Following the Product Demonstration Event held in February, members have a month to try and vote online for the best product in each category.
“The CEW Beauty Awards seem to provide a springboard into the UK market for new and niche brands, providing them with exposure to retailers and beauty press and some of the most knowledgeable women in the beauty industry," said Neville. "Our membership knows what makes a product great, so there is no better endorsement than to win a CEW (UK) Beauty Award. I’m delighted by the level of support we have been given by the sponsors and brands involved.”
The winning products will be supported by counter and window promotions with the CEW (UK) Beauty Awards retail partners: Harrods, House of Fraser and World Duty Free (in six of its airport stores) throughout May. QVC, official broadcast retailer of the CEW (UK) Beauty Awards, ran a special two-hour program on April 22 to feature the winning and finalist products that are sold on QVC.
CEW (UK) BEAUTY AWARDS 2008 – WINNERS
Best New Bath & Body Product – Mass: Gillette Venus Riviera
Best New Haircare/ Colouring Product (Mass): Tommy Guns Pomegranate & Orange Flower Shampoo