Tap Into Business Solutions! This is just part of the article. Want the complete story, plus a host of other brand-boosting articles to make your job easier? Sign up!
Cosmetic Executive Women presented its annual Beauty Insiders’ Choice Awards luncheon on May 17, 2013, at New York’s Waldorf-Astoria, where more than 1,100 people gathered in the Grand Ballroom to honor the most innovative products of the year. According to Carlotta Jacobson, president, Cosmetic Executive Women, also drew an all-time high of 28 sponsors. She also noted that the scope of the awards is significant, as winning products are chosen by more than 5,000 beauty industry experts and professionals who understand what distinguishes the best in beauty in the market.
“After 15 years, I’m thrilled to look out and see every major company represented here,” said Jacobson. Jill Scalamandre, chairwoman, CEW, discussed the significance of CEW’s Beauty Seal, and the ways in which the seal distinguishes the brands that are ultimately selected as winners. Citing the fact that there were more than 650 entries, 330 beauty brands, 30 product categories and 185 finalists, the importance of a CEW Beauty Seal designation clearly serves to extend the reach of the award-winning products, providing beauty recognition from the industry, as well as consumer awareness. Thirty-six awards were presented across 30 product categories, plus Best Seller Awards, the Indie Beauty Award, Eco Beauty Award, and the QVC Beauty Quest Award.
Linda Wells, editor in chief, Allure, set the stage with her announcement of the Indie Award winner, Julep, a leading new start-up in the world of beauty, with a range of toxin-free nail enamels and beauty products.
Bath & Body
- Bath and Body Mass: Eucerin—Professional Repair Lotion Extremely Dry Skin Lotion
- Bath and Body Prestige: Bliss—FatGirlSixPack
- Acne Treatment: GlamGlow Inc.—Super-Mud Clearing Treatment
- Anti-Aging Mass: Avon—Anew Clinical Pro Line Eraser Treatment A-F33
- Anti-Aging Prestige: Philosophy—Full of Promise Treatment Duo for Uplifting Days and Volumizing Nights
- Cleanser & Scrub: Fresh, Inc.—Rose Cleansing Foam
- Eye Treatment Mass: L'Oréal Paris—Revitalift Triple Power Eye Treatment
- Eye Treatment Prestige: Lancôme—Génifique Eye Light-Pearl
- Lip Treatment: Fresh, Inc.—Sugar Lip Treatment Advanced Therapy
- Moisturizer Mass: Neutrogena Corporation—Naturals Multi-Vitamin Nourishing Moisturizer
- Moisturizer Prestige: Clinique—Moisture Surge Intense Skin Fortifying Hydrator
- Skin Care Tools: NuFace—Trinity Skin Boosting System with Microcurrent and Red LED
- Sun Product: Elizabeth Arden—Prevage Triple Defense Shield Broad Spectrum SPF 50+++
- Hair Care Product: Ojon—Rare Blend Oil Total Hair Therapy
- Hair Coloring Product: Rita Hazan New York—Foaming Color Gloss in Tones Down Brassiness
- Hair Styling Product: Ojon—Super Sleek Restorative Blowout Perfector
- Eye Product Mass: Maybelline New York—The Mega Plush Mascara by Volum' Express Mascara
- Eye Product Prestige: Dior Beauty—Diorshow New Look Mascara
- Face Product Mass: Sonia Kashuk for Target—Chic Luminosity Bronzer in Goddess
- Face Product Prestige: Smashbox Cosmetics—Photo Finish More Than Primer Dark Spot Correcting
- Lip Product Mass: Sonia Kashuk for Target—Satin Luxe Lip Color with SPF 16
- Lip Product Prestige: Dior Beauty—Addict Extreme Lipstick
- Jack Black—Dry Erase Ultra-Calming Face Cream
- Sally Hansen—Salon Insta-gel Strips
- Men's Scent: Viktor & Rolf—Spicebomb; Perfumer: IFF
- Women's Scent Mass: Coty—Closer by Halle Berry; Perfumer: Firmenich
- Women's Scent Prestige: Coty—Dot Marc Jacobs; Perfumer: Firmenich
Indie Beauty Award
Eco Beauty Award
Want the rest of the story? Simply sign up. It’s easy. Plus, it only takes 1 minute and it’s free!
(Sponsored by Givaudan and vetted by The Natural Step)
- Nourish—Organic Food For Healthy Skin
QVC Beauty Quest Award
- Neydharting Moor
Best Seller Mass
- L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Nail
Best Seller Prestige
- Estée Lauder Perfectionist [CP+R] Wrinkle Lifting/Firming Serum
Best Seller Fragrance
- Lancôme La Vie est Belle
Sponsor presenters included, QVC: Claudia Lucas, director of merchandising, a retailer as well as sponsor presenter; Allure: Linda Wells, editor in chief; Arcade Marketing: Diane Crecca, senior VP of sales, marketing and business development; Conair: Paulette Heller, VP of marketing; Givaudan: Pascal Becker, sustainability programme coordinator for Americas; Givaudan: Kate Greene, VP of marketing, fine fragrances; Kimberly-Clark: Giusy Buonfantino, VP of global brands; NPD: Diane Nicholson (best seller), president of U.S. softlines; Procter & Gamble: Carlos Quintero, brand manager for Crest 3D White Whitestrips; and IRI: Victoria Gustafson (best seller), principal of strategic insights at IRI.