HBA Global Expo announced the winners of several industry awards for innovations in package design, emerging brands and suppliers' new products. With its online communities and show attendees voting, the HBA awards reached a worldwide audience of top beauty and personal care brand manufacturers, retailer and consumers.
The on-site New Product Showcase at HBA Global had attendees voting for their favorite finished products and packaging innovations from global suppliers and emerging beauty and personal care manufacturers.
The HBA Global 2013 People's Choice Best Finished Products winners include:
- Resvology for its Age Corrective Eye Cream & Age Corrective Wrinkle Treatment, which are clinically proven anti-aging products with proprietary 4-AR Molecule that visibly softens fine lines and wrinkles, restores elasticity, and deeply moisturizes.
- TwinLuxe LLC for its award-winning Anti-Ageing SPF Moisturizer, infused with stem cells and high levels of antioxidants.
The HBA Global 2013 People's Choice Best Packaging Products winners include:
- 3C Inc. for its Double Wall Spray Bottles, available in 15, 30, 50, 80 and 120 ml, and Matching Jars available in 15, 30 and 50 ml. Its Eyeliner Pens, available in six different designs, with a soft brush or nylon tip, and an airtight cap that protects the applicator from drying out, was also a People's Choice.
- Guangzhou Ouxinmay Packaging Company for its new Cosmetic Sponge Tube.
During the three days of the HBA Global event, attendees also visited the Splash! Pavilion and voted for their favorite emerging brands. The best of Splash! 2013 includes:
- The Beauty Company Inc. for its exclusive full line of Kumiko 100% Natural Skin Care Sponges that nourish the skin while removing impurities and loosen skin cells to deliver pure and clean skin without the need for cleansing products.
- Resvology again for its skin care brand based on the 4-AR Molecule, a clinically designed solution to help tackle the specific aspects of aging skin—fine lines and wrinkles, loss of firmness and uneven skin tone.
Jacqueline Laurita, reality star of The Real Housewives of New Jersey and founder of Altruistic Beauty, also announced the HBA International Package Design Awards (IPDA) grand award and category winners:
- Tom Binns for Lisa Hoffman Beauty Fine Fragrance Jewelry by Lisa Hoffman Beauty; Tom Binns was the grand award winner and category winner for Fragrance Prestige.
- The Curve by NYX Cosmetics for the Cosmetics Mass category;
- Peak Performance Mascara by Pop Beauty for the Cosmetics Prestige category;
- Royal Copenhagen 1775 by Five Star Fragrance Company, Inc. for the Fragrance Mass category;
- L'Oréal Paris Advanced Haircare by L'Oréal Paris for the hair care category;
- Stila for E! Live from the Red Carpet Solar Illuminated Refillable Compact and Powder Duo by Stila for E! Live from the Red Carpet for the Innovations in Sustainable Packaging category;
- Dove Men + Care Face Care and Shaving by Unilever–Dove for the Personal Care Mass category;
- MDSolarSciences by MDSolarSciences for the Personal Care Prestige category;
- Artistry Intensive Skincare 14 Night Restore Program by Amway for the Sampling/Travel Size Packaging category;
- Fresh Effects by Olay for the Skin Care Mass category;
- Caudalie by Caudalie for the Skin Care Prestige category;
- Goldfaden MD by Nadia Yousif for Goldfaden MD for the Skin Care Product Lines category;
- and Macro Exfoliator by Rodan + Fields Dermatologists for the Tools and At-Home Devices category;
In addition, a Facebook campaign where the entire HBA community could vote for their favorite new package took place and the winner of IPDA People's Choice Award was Beauty Red by Esika.