Winners of the Extracts’ Best New Product Awards were announced in late January at the New York International Gift Fair. Awards also were presented in five product-specific categories (Bath & Body, Beauty Accessory, Cosmetic & Fragrance, Natural/Organic and Packaging), with winners and finalists selected by a panel of trade editors. Criteria included innovative design, creative use of materials/construction and use of new materials/technology. Voluspa took Best in Show for its James Boyce Collection—candles created with apricot wax and essential oils designed to remove kitchen odors.
“These award-winning products represent an entirely unique, fresh take on the form and function of personal care products,” said Melissa Engongoro, sales manager, Extracts. The show featured approximately 100 exhibitors, and attracted global attendees who represented spa, salon and specialty retail outlets.
Extracts’ Best New Product Award Winners
Bath & Body
- Compagnie de Provence for its Savon de Marseille Incense Lavender, a luxury positioned French hand and body wash made of natural vegetable oils.
- Finalist: Lady Primrose Products for its Royal Extract Milk & Honey Bath
- Finalist: Erbaviva for its Erbaviva Belly Butter
- Booty Parlor for its “Don’t Stop” massage candle—made of natural soy wax, vitamins A and E, jojoba, olive and coconut oils.
- Finalist: Napa Soap Company for its Travel Shaving Soap Tin
- Finalist: HollyBeth’s Natural Body Products for its Wildflower Dry Oil
Cosmetic & Fragrance
- Gianna Rose Atelier for its Ceramic Fragrance Diffusers, a kit with fragranced figurine and dish made of natural clay.
- Finalist: Xéla Aroma for its Xéla Furrever Scents Pup-Pourri Canine Aromasticks
- Finalist: Principessa Beauty for its Piccolo Perfume
- Berjang USA, Inc., exclusive distributor for Vegetable(s), for the Pure Moisturizing Pulp by Vegetable(s)—a day and night moisturizing cream made from cucumber, tomato extract, beet extract and active vegetable ingredients.
- Finalist: Erbaviva for its Erbaviva Baby Butter
- Finalist: Sapothecary for its Sapothecary Soap
- Twist and Pout for its Twist and Pout Lip Balm SPF-20—a “lip protection confection” made of beeswax, sesame seed oil, butter and oils that is presented in a patented ball.
- Finalist: Sohum Cosmetics for its Petite Perfumette
- Finalist: Jimmy Belasco for its Eco Series by Jimmy Belasco