On December 6, Eastman Chemical launched its latest entry in high-performance hairstyling products. Salon Caru, in Hoboken, New Jersey, hosted the launch, which brought together models and fashion and styling tips. James McCaulley, market representative, personal care, Eastman Chemical Company, welcomed attendees to the event, which highlighted consumer demand for high performance products that can withstand today’s on-the-go lifestyles. Eastman Chemical Company offered Eastman AQ Polymers for water-resistant hair gel formulations. According to the company, the polymers have long been used in mousse and hair spray applications for improved performance.
“Eastman AQ Polymers offer extreme moisture and humidity resistance, for a long-lasting, moisture resistant hold that’s perfect for today’s intense styles,” said Terry Oldfield, technical associate, cosmetics and personal care ingredients, Eastman.
On the formulation side, the AQ Polymers are said to provide cosmetic chemists with increased flexibility. According to the company, the polymers’ water dispersibility makes them a “formulation-friendly” product.
Eastman Chemical Hairstyling Event
December 19, 2006
BASF Introduces Dehyton® AO 45 – The First Commercial Microalgae-Derived Betaine Surfactant — BASF Personal Care
Most Popular in Event Coverage
- 272InnoCos Digital NY 2015 Part 2: Smart Packaging & Optimizing Retail
- 205Beauty's Digital and Social Media Leaders Honored at innoCos Digital
- 51The Customized Consumer Experience: Cosmopack New York Wrap-up
- 51Marketing Beauty to the Hispanic Consumer
- 50Future Beauty Industry Leaders Forecast Beauty in 2020
- 46CEW 2015 Beauty Award Winners Announced
- 42CEW UK Honors Beauty Shapers and Influencers
- 31Considering Asia’s Beauty Markets
- 29Summit Looks at Sustainable Issues Within the Beauty Industry
- 29Cosmoprof 2015: Developing & Executing Great Ideas