Back to the May Issue
It’s hard to believe that a year has gone by since the first Beauty Awards product demonstration evening. The CEW Beauty Awards, which was launched in 2006 in the U.K., recognizes the most innovative products of the year, as well as the best classic products. The Beauty Awards are voted on by CEW (UK) members, industry professionals and experts in the field of beauty. CEW (UK) members descended on Vinopolis in London for the 2007 product demonstration on February 19. The awards’ primary sponsor was World Duty Free, and the evening was hosted by Easy Living magazine, which also co-sponsors the event along with Handbag.com, Lalique, QVC, JSL, Esprit and Ernst & Young. The demonstration afforded members an opportunity to experience the products they will be voting on, and participation in the demonstration is mandatory for all products entered in the competition.
The 2007 awards have been expanded to include 21 categories, and entries for both new and classic products from bath and body care to professional hair care—in both mass and prestige markets—filled Vinopolis. Home fragrance products is among the new categories, and stylish Acqua Di Parma cube candles and Crabtree & Evelyn’s Sarawak room spray stood out.
Some of my favorites include The Sanctuary Spa’s salt scrub, Balance Me super moisturizing hand cream with shea butter, the timeless classics Nivea Crème and Palmer’s cocoa butter formula, Clarins’ One-Step Cleansing Waters, Molton Brown’s Heavenly Gingerlily Moisture Bath and Shower and the new Airtouch Foundation from SK-II.
Winners will be announced at an April 26 luncheon at the Jumeirah Carlton Towers Hotel in London. CEW (UK) expects 300 key industry decision-makers in attendance.
London Glam: CEW (UK) Beauty Awards
May 3, 2007
Most Popular in Event Coverage
- 271InnoCos Digital NY 2015 Part 2: Smart Packaging & Optimizing Retail
- 205Beauty's Digital and Social Media Leaders Honored at innoCos Digital
- 48The Customized Consumer Experience: Cosmopack New York Wrap-up
- 42CEW 2015 Beauty Award Winners Announced
- 42CEW UK Honors Beauty Shapers and Influencers
- 41Future Beauty Industry Leaders Forecast Beauty in 2020
- 41Marketing Beauty to the Hispanic Consumer
- 28Considering Asia’s Beauty Markets
- 27Cosmoprof 2015: Developing & Executing Great Ideas
- 25Summit Looks at Sustainable Issues Within the Beauty Industry
Back to the May Issue