On May 2, 2007, Cosmetic Executive Women (CEW) celebrated the most innovative beauty product launches of the year at New York’s Waldorf-Astoria. For more than a decade, the CEW Insider’s Choice Beauty Awards have recognized the best in beauty. The electricity was palpable at the star-studded celebratory luncheon, hosted by Sex and the City star Mario Cantone and introduced by Carlotta Jacobson, president of CEW, and Nancy Berger Cardone, publisher of Allure.
In her introductory remarks, Cardone noted, “The $50 billion beauty industry is dynamic,” and added, “Antiaging is one of the largest markets.” Apropos of the antiaging market, Cardone mentioned a finding in Allure’s recent survey that revealed, “Boomers see themselves as 12 years younger then they are.” In addition, the dynamic beauty market welcomes 8,000 beauty SKUs each year, clearly indicative of the competition in the market. Celebrities in attendance included fashion model and businesswoman Ivanka Trump, Top Chef host Padma Lakshmi, actress Sherri Saum, model Crystal Renn, actress Naomie Harris and Shear Genius judge and celebrity hairstylist Sally Hershberger.
Click here for the list of winners.
Cosmetic Executive Women Honors Beauty Winners
May 4, 2007
BASF Introduces Dehyton® AO 45 – The First Commercial Microalgae-Derived Betaine Surfactant — BASF Personal Care
Most Popular in Event Coverage
- 282InnoCos Digital NY 2015 Part 2: Smart Packaging & Optimizing Retail
- 207Beauty's Digital and Social Media Leaders Honored at innoCos Digital
- 55Marketing Beauty to the Hispanic Consumer
- 48Future Beauty Industry Leaders Forecast Beauty in 2020
- 47The Customized Consumer Experience: Cosmopack New York Wrap-up
- 46CEW 2015 Beauty Award Winners Announced
- 43CEW UK Honors Beauty Shapers and Influencers
- 34Considering Asia’s Beauty Markets
- 28Summit Looks at Sustainable Issues Within the Beauty Industry
- 25Cosmoprof 2015: Developing & Executing Great Ideas