Tap Into Business Solutions! This is just part of the article. Want the complete story, plus a host of other brand-boosting articles to make your job easier? Sign up!
More than 600 U.K. beauty industry insiders have spoken, and CEW (UK) announced the 27 deserving winners of one of the industry’s most prestigious awards, the 2010 Beauty Oscars. Recognizing the ultimate in product innovation and excellence, the annual CEW (UK) Beauty Awards reveal the must-have beauty buys for the year ahead.
The winning products can be viewed and purchased, subject to availability, online through a dedicated CEW (UK) Beauty Insiders Shop. Highlights from the 2010 CEW (UK) Beauty Awards, and the full list of winners, are detailed below.
New philanthropic standalone beauty and lifestyle brand All for Eve is a rising star of the awards. The brand, whose intention is to raise funds and awareness for gynaecological cancer research by donating all net profits from sales to The Eve Appeal, took home the Beauty Oscar in four categories. A brand to watch in 2010, All for Eve enjoyed success in both Mass and Prestige categories, winning Best New Bath & Body Product—Mass, Best New Make-Up—Mass, Best New Brand—Mass and Best New Hand & Nail Care Product.
Want the rest of the story? Simply sign up. It’s easy. Plus, it only takes 1 minute and it’s free!
Ageless favorite and new brand entry for 2010, Liz Earle won a hat trick of awards in the Prestige category, taking home Best New Bath and Body Product, Best Classic Beauty Product and Best New Everyday Skincare Product for the Naturally Active Skincare range.
Designer fragrances dominated the Prestige category with Marc Jacobs LOLA securing Best New Women’s Fragrance and Gucci by Gucci pour Homme winning Best New Men’s Fragrance. Crabtree & Evelyn India Hicks Island Night stole the Celebrity Fragrance Oscar from last year’s winner Kate Moss, winning Best New Women’s Celebrity Fragrance—Prestige.
For the second year running, Clinique Skin Supplies for Men Age Defense for Eyes won the award for Best New Men’s Grooming Product—Prestige, while A’kin pureMAN Calming After Shave Balm took the Oscar for Best New Men’s Grooming Product—Mass.
Also shining through in the makeup categories, designer Dior’s Diorskin Nude Natural Glow Hydrating Make-up took home Best New Make-Up Product—Prestige, whilst Dolce & Gabbana The Make-Up took the title of Best New Brand—Prestige.
The prestigious, hotly contested Best British Brand Beauty Award was picked up by luxury British spa and skin care brand, Elemis. Elemis’ successful combination of natural active ingredients with cutting-edge technology has enabled the brand to produce influential antiaging products and professional spa-therapies, continuing to fly the flag for British beauty brands.
The CEW (UK) 2010 Beauty Awards Winners were presented with CEW (UK)'s exquisite Lalique Beauty Oscar at a dazzling awards ceremony at the InterContinental London Park Lane. A total of 304 products in 26 categories competed for the awards this year, an increase on 2009’s entrants. All 27 winners were voted for by more than 600 CEW (UK) members.
The winning products were supported by counter and window promotions with the CEW (UK) Beauty Awards retail partner Harrods from April 25, with its ‘Beauty Oscar Day’ taking place on the May 7. QVC, the official broadcast retailer of the CEW (UK) Beauty Awards also ran a special, two-hour evening program on April 26 featuring the winning and finalist products that are sold on QVC.
CEW (UK) 2010 Beauty Awards Winners
- Best New Bath & Body Product: All for Eve Body Butter
- Best New Haircare/Styling/Coloring Product: Batiste Colored Dry Shampoo
- Best New Everyday Skincare Product: Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Skin Therapy Oil Steamcream
- Best New Skincare Treatment Product: GoodSkin Labs Lumecin Overnight Brightening Gluco - Protein Treatment
- Best New Self Tan or Sun Care Product: St. Tropez Wash Off Instant Glow Body Lotion
- Best New Makeup Product: All for Eve Lipstick
- Best Classic Beauty Product: Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Reconstructor
- Best New Men’s Grooming Product: A'kin pureMAN Calming After Shave Balm
- Best New Brand: All for Eve
- Best New Bath and Body Product: Liz Earle Naturally Active Skincare Superskin Body Cream
- Best New Haircare/Styling Product: Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment
- Best New Everyday Skincare Product: Liz Earle Naturally Active Skincare Superskin Moisturizer
- Best New Skincare Treatment Product: Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex
- Best New Certified Organic Skincare Product: Balance Me Super Moisturizing Hand Cream
- Best New Self Tan or Sun Care Product: St. Tropez Everyday Mousse
- Best New Make-up Product: Diorskin Nude Natural Glow Hydrating Make-up
- Best Classic Beauty Product: Liz Earle Naturally Active Skincare Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser
- Best New Women’s Celebrity Fragrance: Crabtree & Evelyn India Hicks Island Night
- Best New Women’s Fragrance: Marc Jacobs LOLA
- Best New Men’s Fragrance: Gucci by Gucci pour Homme
- Best New Men’s Grooming Product: Clinique Skin Supplies for Men Age Defense for Eyes
- Best New Brand: Dolce & Gabbana the makeup
Mass or Prestige categories
- Best New Hand and Nail Care Product: All for Eve Hand Cream
- Best New Salon Professional Haircare Product: Kérastase Sublimateur Jour
- Best British Brand: Elemis
- Best Iconic Beauty Product: Clarins Beauty Flash Balm
Founded in America in 1954, France in 1986 and the UK in 1992, CEW, a trade organization with a charitable arm, has pursued a mission of nurturing and recognizing top executive talent.
The 700-strong membership of CEW (UK) includes executive women in the cosmetic, fragrance and hairdressing industries, and related fields such as advertising, public relations, product development, marketing, media, finance, sales, retail, management and design and packaging.
For more information on CEW (UK) please visit the Web site.