Tap Into Business Solutions! This is just part of the article. Want the complete story, plus a host of other brand-boosting articles to make your job easier? Sign up!
Cosmetic Executive Women (CEW) celebrated with its constituency of more than 3,600 beauty executives on May 21, 2010, at the 16th Annual CEW Beauty Awards. “Consumers still want to know what the best products are, and after all, who is more qualified to say what the best products are than the women who work in the industry,” said Carlotta Jacobson, president, CEW, when introducing the annual event to attendees at New York’s Waldorf-Astoria.
She highlighted the innovations, new technology and applications that distinguish the award-winning products, noting that millions of press impressions, retail partnerships, in store, online, and TV promotions combine to support the achievements of the products in 31 categories. A total of 513 products were entered by more than 285 beauty brands, with 155 finalists chosen across 31 categories. In addition to the traditional categories, the Indie Beauty Award this year garnered 38 company entrants, and the CEW Beauty Awards themselves garnered more than 200 million press impressions.
National retail sponsors included CVS/pharmacy, Nordstrom and QVC, and beauty industry sponsors Allure, Givaudan, Acuvue, Crest 3D White, Veet, Medicis Aesthetics, WWD/Beauty Biz, The Royal Promotion Group, Arcade Marketing, HBA Global, Alcan Packaging Beauty, Rpr Marketing Communications, Tresemmé, Glowelle, MaCher, KraftWorks, Consultancy Media, Suite K, Breakthrough Beauty, Digital Plus and Raw Media. Categories were defined by NPD Group, and ballots tabulated by Ernst & Young.
Independence and Achievement
Want the rest of the story? Simply sign up. It’s easy. Plus, it only takes 1 minute and it’s free!
Hallmarks of the event, in addition to the highly anticipated mass and prestige beauty category winners, included a tribute by Allure editor Linda Wells to the entrepreneurial spirit of the Indie Beauty Award, which recognizes product innovation as a new start-up in the world of beauty. This year’s winner was Living Proof, for its hair care technologies, including no-frizz shampoo and hair thickening formulations. Living Proof also garnered two prestige Hair Care awards, a coup for the Indie brand, which emerged as an example of the new innovators in the industry.
The festivities were officially underway with the presentation of a special beauty award presented by Wells, to host Mario Cantone, “For the beauty in you.” Cantone responded with aplomb by thanking his mascara wand.
Bath and Body
- Body Treatment Mass: Vaseline® Sheer Infusion with Stratys-3
- Body Treatment Prestige: Origins, Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Night Health Bedtime Spray
- Bath/Shower Product Mass: Olay, Body Wash Plus Tone Enriching Ribbons
- Bath/Shower Product Prestige: Fresh, Sugar Açai Body Scrub
Facial Skin Care
- Acne Treatment: LaRoche Posay, Efffaclar Al Intensive Acne Spot Treatment
- Antiaging Mass: Olay Professional Pro-X Deep Wrinkle Treatment
- Antiaging Prestige: Lancôme Génifique Youth Activating Concentrate
- Cleanser & Scrub Mass: Visine Total Eye Soothing Wipes
- Cleanser & Scrub Prestige: Shiseido Future Solution LX Extra Rich Cleansing Foam
- Eye Treatment Mass: Olay Regenerist Anti-Aging Eye Roller
- Eye Treatment Prestige: Shiseido Benefiance NutriPerfect Eye Serum
- Moisturizer Mass: Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Awakening Face Massager
- Moisturizer Prestige: Shiseido Future Solution Total Regenerating Cream
- Hair Care Product Mass: L’Oréal Paris EverPure Sulfate-Free Color Care Moisture Shampoo
- Hair Care Product Prestige: Living Proof No Frizz Shampoo
- Hair Coloring Product Prestige: ColorMetrics TouchBack by ColorMark
- Hair Styling Product Mass: Klorane No Rinse Care with Papyrus Milk
- Hair Styling Product Prestige: Living Proof Full Thickening Cream
- Eye Product Mass: CoverGirl Smoky ShadowBlast
- Eye Product Prestige: Lancôme Oscillation Powerbooster Vibrating. Amplifying. Primer
- Face Product Mass: CoverGirl Simply Ageless Sculpting Blush
- Face Product Prestige: Clinique Redness Solutions Instant Relief Mineral Powder
- Lip Product Mass: Maybelline New York Color Sensational Lipcolor
- Lip Product Prestige: Guerlain Rouge G de Guerlain
- American Crew Trichology Hair Recovery Patch
- Men’s Scent: John Varvatos Artisan
- Women’s Scent Mass: P&G Prestige Avril Lavigne Black Star
- Women’s Scent Prestige: Coty Prestige Lola Marc Jacobs
- Sun Product Mass: Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Sunblock Lotion SPF 60+ with PureScreen
- Sun Product Prestige: Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals SPF 30 Natural Sunscreen
Indie Beauty Award
- Living Proof
Each year, CEW’s Beauty Awards presentation includes an array of new talent. This year’s roster included Malan Breton, formerly of Project Runway and host of The Malan Show; Anoop Desai, American Idol finalist; Selita Ebanks, model; Estelle, Grammy award-winning singer; Mark Indelicato, actor, Ugly Betty; Kim Kardashian, beauty icon and entrepreneur; Constantine Maroulis, American Idol finalist and Rock of Ages actor; Whitney Port, Crest Special Guest Who Embodies the 3D White Smile and star of The City; and Angel Reed, actress, Rock of Ages.