Most Popular in:
Cosmoprof North America Reveals 2013 Discover Beauty Lineup
Posted: May 7, 2013
The Discover Beauty program, an exclusive initiative of Cosmoprof North America (CPNA), returns for its seventh year of matching retailers with emerging beauty brands in 2013. Companies from all over the world must be approved to participate in Discover Beauty, ensuring an exclusive array of unique, cutting-edge brands that are sure to be the next big thing. For these brands, CPNA show organizers arrange pre-scheduled sales meetings and events with important retailers; however, the area is open to all attendees throughout the thre-day event.
CPNA is proud to announce the Discover Beauty lineup for 2013:
- African Botanics is a luxury beauty brand from South Africa, and one of the first to offer a curated collection of pure, powerful indigenous South African botanicals merged with fair trade and wild-harvested marula oil. Its marula collection is like a modern day skin care miracle with potent antioxidants, omegas, nutrients and the benefits of therapeutic essential oils that are handcrafted to transfuse the true essence of Africa’s nature.
- From the U.S., Control Corrective Skincare Systems is all about transformation. Its purpose is twofold—first to attain and then to maintain the health and beauty of the skin. Offering comprehensive, collection-based skin care with a deep problem/solution focus, Control Corrective formulas deliver results in a practical and accessible way.
- Also from the U.S., Doll Face Beauty's "clever-ful" active ingredients are fused together with skin care formulas that lavish the skin with super-effective solutions to keep it looking sparkling, radiant, renewed and youthful. Doll Face Beauty unleashes "The Power of Pretty!"
- Dr. Robert Rey, celebrity plastic surgeon and star of E! television’s Dr. 90210, launches his anti-aging skin care line—Dr. Rey Anti-Aging Skin Care, from the U.S.—with Syn-Ake, an anti-wrinkle agent which guarantees highly effective, clinically and dermatologically tested and proven cosmeceuticals for women and men who demand the very best that skin care science can offer.
- U.S. brand Fairiche gives women the tools to reveal younger, smoother and more radiant skin. Utilizing new formula technologies and innovative ingredients, Fairiche creates problem solving skin care platforms, all enhanced with skin luminosity benefits. The formulas are developed with a luxurious sensibility without sacrificing performance. Fairiche uses safe, efficacious actives as opposed to unsafe materials that are commonly found in the marketplace.
- From the Netherlands, Greenland, a natural and organic bath and body brand, uses the utmost care when developing its products. The fruit extracts, essential oils, milkies and natural butters in combination with the stunning packaging and design make Greenland products not only great for the skin, but also for the senses. Greenland treats the senses, naturally.
- Jenetiqa from Canada invites consumers to discover its scientifically innovative luxury skin care line based on the science of ubiquinol. Ubiquinol is a recently discovered, patented and highly bio-available antioxidant that fights free radicals at the source and enhances cellular energy and cellular turnover. Jenetiqa's innovative products are specifically formulated to fight all signs of aging for eternal youth and an incredible skin experience.
- Irish beauty brand Karora offers modern women a glamorous choice in the natural beauty category with a true skin caring approach to faux tan. Karora’s botanical bronzing collection delivers custom color technology, with natural and organic bronzing formulas enhanced with signature ingredients of açaí berry and argan that provide intense skin treatments. This is bronzed perfection with a botanical twist at luxe for less price.
- From Italy, Layla Cosmetics has been creating trend-setting and cutting-edge products from Milan for over 70 years. Fusing the latest in technology with an Italian fashion influence, Layla will reveal its newest collections for the first time to the U.S. market, unveiling groundbreaking innovation and nail art to the industry.
- Manuka Doctor is an independent brand from New Zealand that has developed a range of groundbreaking formulations based on two key ingredients—certified manuka honey, known for healing and moisturizing; the brands' own patented purified bee venom, which is refined, concentrated and 100% bee-friendly and nurtures cell regeneration and encourages collagen production. The brand has earned cult status in the U.K. anti-blemish and anti-aging skin care category, earning the title "nature’s answer to Botox."
- Marilou Bio from France believes in making certified organic cosmetics affordable to all women who want to pamper themselves while being eco-friendly. The brand's goal is to introduce its customers to ecological and cleaner products that benefit the environment.
- Everyone knows the sun is the skin’s No. 1 enemy, but most of still skip sunscreen, finding what’s available to be heavy, pore clogging, and filled with irritants. Faced with this knowledge, dermatologic oncologist Dr. Robert J. Friedman, a clinical professor at the NYU School of Medicine, with a commitment to advance the science of photo (sun)-protection and skin cancer prevention, founded and created, with his dermatologic colleagues, MDSolarSciences.
- From Norway, Million Dollar Hair believes it is important to use natural ingredients in its products because research has shown that natural ingredients provide the best results for hair and skin care. Million Dollar Hair products have healing properties that will help that hair in a natural way and are developed without harsh, man-made chemicals.
- Mirabella is makeup with personality. From the U.S., the brand offers clean cosmetics in fashion-forward colors to create beautiful looks for whatever the day may bring. Vitamin-enriched, long-lasting formulas moisturize and condition while providing antioxidant protection and anti-aging properties. Also, these mineral-based products are paraben-free, talc-free, lead-free, gluten-free, and FD&C/D&C dye-free.
- German brand Montiel offers intelligent concepts for beauty. With its firm commitment to intelligent care concepts, Montiel's research basis for new developments is biotechnology as an applied subject area, which combines scientific and medical knowledge with engineering science skills to develop technical solutions based on the models of nature.
- In 1953, Giuseppina Balestra got the idea of bringing botanical oils based on her old traditional recipes into her skin care line. Science has now shown the fresh ingredients in these oils, such as truffle and argan, contain extremely beneficial compounds in their natural form and are now scientifically proven to have great anti-aging benefits. This is the basis for the Skin&Co Roma brand from Italy.
- Teens shouldn't have to suffer with pimples and blackheads unnecessarily. Basic daily steps in keeping the skin clean with gentle, all-natural ingredients will help stop that breakout from ever happening. U.S. brand True Girl Skin Care will set them on the right path to healthy, clear, scar-free skin—for life.
- Born from the harshness of the Australian environment, nature is at the very core of the VitaMan Nautral Grooming for Men brand from Australia. One of the first skin care companies to introduce the therapeutic properties of unique native Australian botanicals, VitaMan has created a natural, high-performance line that is results driven, free of harmful synthetic chemicals, artificial fragrances and colors.
All Discover Beauty brands are automatically enrolled for the 2013 Discover Beauty Award. This award is given to one brand, which is recognized for its creativity in concept, packaging and overall ability to succeed in this competitive retail market. The winner is selected by industry leaders, beauty editors and participating retailers. The Discover Beauty Award winner will be announced on the evening of Sunday, July 14, 2013, as part of a private reception.
Cosmoprof North America will take place July 14–16, 2013 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas.