Most Popular in:
Seminars, Special Events Highlight Luxury Packaging at Luxe Pack New York
Posted: March 21, 2013
A premier show for creative packaging, Luxe Pack New York is aiming to spotlight more packaging suppliers than ever before this year, with 165 exhibitors participating in 2013. The event—taking place May 15 and 16, 2013, at The Altman Building and Metropolitan Pavilion in New York—is expanding this year to encompass the second floor of the Metropolitan Pavilion. The additional 8,500 square-foot space, called The Gallery, will house exhibitors as well as the Seminar Room. A variety of special exhibits and a comprehensive seminar schedule round out the show.
“We’re delighted Luxe Pack New York is expanding this year to accommodate more exhibitors” said Nathalie Grosdidier, executive director of the event. “As we grow, we remain dedicated to innovation. Our goal is to present the most comprehensive line-up of packaging innovators so brands from all markets can find the right packaging suppliers and new ideas in just a few hours at Luxe Pack.”
Ten high-level seminars will be presented during the two-day event, and among the speakers are Lorrie King of Coty Beauty, Noreen Dodge of Elizabeth Arden, Scott Widro of Gurwitch Products, Eve Pearl of Eve Pearl Cosmetics, Dr. Benjamin Punchard of Mintel, Thomas Serrano of Havas Luxe, Renee Hartmann of China Luxury Advisors, Marc Rosen of Marc Rosen Associates, and Dr. Hae Chang Gea of Rutgers University, among others.
And the seminars feature topics including “Product Orchestration: Optimizing Package and Formula Development to Create Tomorrow's Star Products;” “Innovative Packaging That Translates Across Global Markets;” “Packaging Megatrends: The Hottest Innovation from Around the Globe;” “That’s Entertainment,” on packaging that entertains and amuses; “Decision Making in Life Cycle Assessment for Packaging Sustainability; “ “Innovations from Exhibitors,” exploring multisensory and tactile packaging development and experiences that enhance brand value and interaction; “French Luxury vs. U.S. Luxury: Similarities & Differences;” “Beauty & Personal Care Products: Consumers Crave the Last Drop;” and “Luxury Market in Brazil: Characteristics and Opportunities."
The special exhibits at the event will include:
- Luxe Pack Innovation Forum—showcasing the newest creations and innovations from exhibitors, including sustainable products.
- Toscara presents Luxury Packaging—a photographic journey by luxury product specialists Gilles de Beauchêne and Patrick Paufert.
- Mintel Innovation Showcase: See, Touch and Test the Latest Packaging Concepts—a journey around the world of innovative packaging in luxury beauty, food and drink. Twice a day, packaging expert Dr. Benjamin Punchard will offer interactive product demonstrations that showcase the latest innovative packaging in luxury beauty, food and drink. Daily demonstrations at 10:30 am and 2:30 pm.
- Material ConneXion Lab—Material ConneXion’s global materials library is renowned for providing access and insight into today’s most innovative, advanced and sustainable materials. Their pop-up Materials Library will enable visitors to explore one of the most important aspects of design innovation materials. Featuring the latest material developments alongside a selection of success stories and packaging examples that will inspire visitors, spark new ideas, transform designs and lead to innovative solutions for luxury product packaging.
- Pratt Institute “Marc Rosen Scholarship and Education Fund for Packaging by Design at Pratt Institute” Designs