Most Popular in:
ICMAD Honors Beauty Products, Packaging, Advertising Efforts at CITY Awards
Posted: July 5, 2011
The 2011 winners of ICMAD's CITY Awards for Cosmetic Innovators of the Year.
The Independent Cosmetic Manufacturers and Distributors Association (ICMAD) recently recognized member companies for innovative products, packaging and advertising at its 7th annual CITY Awards for Cosmetic Innovators of the Year. The winners were announced during ICMAD’s 38th annual meeting on June 29, 2011, at the Astra restaurant in New York. Claudia Lucas, beauty merchandise director for QVC, presented the CITY awards.
In opening remarks to members, ICMAD president and CEO Pamela Jo Busiek noted, “The CITY Awards are about the creativity and effort by our member companies and their dedicated teams. These awards truly represent everything that makes the cosmetics business so dynamic.”
Among the winners were:
- Personal Care Product—Ink Shield by Ecru; accepted by Carmen DePasquale
- Color Cosmetic Product—Brow Power by IT Cosmetics; accepted by Jamie Kern Lima
- Professional Skin Care Product—La Bella Vita Cosmetico by Bella Vino; accepted by Dawn Catherine
- Mass Skin Care Product—Bye Bye Lid Line by IT Cosmetics; accepted by Jamie Kern Lima
- Personal Care Package Design—Freedom of Style Tube by Ecru; accepted by Carmen DePasquale
- Color Cosmetic Package Design—My Steppes by Iredale Mineral Cosmetics; accepted by Sharon Gregory on behalf of Jane Iredale
- Advertising and Marketing—“Think of Us as the Ladder” by CBI Laboratories; accepted by Cindy Anderson and Karen Stiles
- New Beauty Innovation (for a member company in business three years or less)—IT Cosmetics; accepted by Jamie Kern Lima