Most Popular in:

Small Business

Email This Item! Print This Item!

Foreign Insurance Exposures

By: Donna L. Malkasian
Posted: March 3, 2011, from the March 2011 issue of GCI Magazine.

page 3 of 3

Foreign Automobile: Coverage provided for owned, hired or non-owned vehicles outside the U.S. coverage territory. Optional physical damage coverage is also available.

Foreign Voluntary Compensation & Employers Liability: Covers for voluntary compensation (overseas workers’ compensation) and employers liability. Voluntary compensation covers U.S. and non-U.S. employees where U.S. workers’ compensation does not apply. Employers’ liability provides coverage for accidents or diseases contracted outside the U.S.

Foreign Travel Accident & Sickness: Provides coverage for employees while traveling on company business. It can be extended to include spouses and children. Coverage for emergency medical evacuation and family travel expenses are also available.

Foreign Commercial Property: Is available to cover business personal property while on foreign soil. This can include raw materials, components, labels etc. Property coverage can extend to property at an exhibition or while in-transit.

Donna L. Malkasian is the president of Beauty Insurance Consultants, LLC., a member of the Capacity Group of Companies. 1-201-566-5608