Most Popular in:
The Role of Engineering Technologies: Virtual Prototyping
By: Brian Bell, Peter Spicka and Aniruddha Mukhopadhyay
Posted: October 14, 2008, from the May 2006 issue of GCI Magazine.
page 5 of 5
The resulting knowledge, as well as the savings in time and cost gained through CFD, will provide greater opportunity for product innovation, thus strengthening the competitive position of companies that use this technology.
The authors would like to thank Armstrong Inc. for its approval to share the CFD success story. The authors also would like to acknowledge contributions from their current and former colleagues at Fluent, Andre Bakker, Liz Marshall, Lanre Oshinowo, Ahmad Haidari, Eric Grald and Rafi Khan.
- WM Gelbart and A Ben-Shaul, The “new” science of “complex fluids,” J Phys Chem 100 13169–13189 (1996)
- KJ Myers, A Bakker and D Ryan, Avoid agitation by selecting static mixers, Chem Eng Prog 28–38, (June 1997)
- A Bakker, RD LaRoche, EM Marshall, “Laminar Flow in Static Mixers with Helical Elements,” www.bakker.org/cfmbook/lamstat.pdf
- “Design Modification to SMX Static Mixer,” S Liu, A N Hrymak and PE Wood, AIChE Annual Meeting No. 364c, Laminar Mixing and Mixing Fundamental Session(2003)
- S Liu, AN Hrymak, P Wood and R Khan, “Static Mixers by Design,” www.fluent.com/about/news/newsletters/02v11i1/a6.htm