Kao Corporation acquired 14 million shares of Kanebo Cosmetics' common stock from Kanebo, Ltd. to complete the acquisition of all Kanebo Cosmetics' issued and outstanding stock. Sixty-two million Class C shares of Kanebo, Ltd. held by Kanebo Cosmetics were transferred to Trinity Investment Co., Ltd. As a result, cross-shareholdings between Kanebo, Ltd. and Kanebo Cosmetics were eliminated. In addition, all rights to the Kanebo brand held by Kanebo, Ltd. were transferred.
Kao Completes Acquisition of Kanebo Cosmetics
July 23, 2008
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Acquisitions
- 535Unilever Takes Stake in True Botanicals
- 287Amazon Gets in on MEA, "The World's Fastest Growing Beauty Market"
- 2488 Ways Beauty Can Grow in 2017 and Beyond
- 215Online Beauty Shoppers Rejoice: Feelunique to Acquire The Beautyst
- 105Beauty 2017: Acquire or Be Acquired
- 68LVMH-Maison Francis Kurkdjian Deal Points to Niche Fragrance Boom
- 66Kosé Corp. To Acquire Tarte
- 64Grow It Alone? Why Beauty M&A is So Hot
- 63The Body Shop May Have a Buyer
- 49What Went Wrong with The Body Shop?
- Expanded Edition: The State of Beauty and Personal Care M&A
7/14/2016, Jeb Gleason-Allured
- Grow It Alone? Why Beauty M&A is So Hot
11/1/2016, Jeb Gleason-Allured
- 8 Ways Beauty Can Grow in 2017 and Beyond
1/6/2017, Jeb Gleason-Allured, Editor in Chief
- Emerald to Sell Business Groups
5/10/2016, Mino Zaccaro
- High Ridge Brands Deal Includes Private Equity Firm
5/18/2016, Mino Zaccaro