Kao Corporation acquired 14 million shares of Kanebo Cosmetics' common stock from Kanebo, Ltd. to complete the acquisition of all Kanebo Cosmetics' issued and outstanding stock. Sixty-two million Class C shares of Kanebo, Ltd. held by Kanebo Cosmetics were transferred to Trinity Investment Co., Ltd. As a result, cross-shareholdings between Kanebo, Ltd. and Kanebo Cosmetics were eliminated. In addition, all rights to the Kanebo brand held by Kanebo, Ltd. were transferred.
Kao Completes Acquisition of Kanebo Cosmetics
July 23, 2008
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Acquisitions
- 640The Body Shop May Have a Buyer
- 4398 Ways Beauty Can Grow in 2017 and Beyond
- 146LVMH-Maison Francis Kurkdjian Deal Points to Niche Fragrance Boom
- 137What Went Wrong with The Body Shop?
- 127Beauty 2017: Acquire or Be Acquired
- 98Grow It Alone? Why Beauty M&A is So Hot
- 93Kosé Corp. To Acquire Tarte
- 87L'Oréal-Valeant Deal Boosts Dermocosmetics and Expert-backed Skin Care
- 81Valeant Pharmaceuticals Acquires Ambi Skin Care
- 74Is Glansaol the Next Great Beauty Company?
- Expanded Edition: The State of Beauty and Personal Care M&A
7/14/2016, Jeb Gleason-Allured
- Grow It Alone? Why Beauty M&A is So Hot
11/1/2016, Jeb Gleason-Allured
- 8 Ways Beauty Can Grow in 2017 and Beyond
1/6/2017, Jeb Gleason-Allured, Editor in Chief
- Brookfield Reborn After Acquisition
4/8/2016, Mino Zaccaro
- Clariant Buys Into BioSpectrum
4/12/2016, Mino Zaccaro