Kao Corporation acquired 14 million shares of Kanebo Cosmetics' common stock from Kanebo, Ltd. to complete the acquisition of all Kanebo Cosmetics' issued and outstanding stock. Sixty-two million Class C shares of Kanebo, Ltd. held by Kanebo Cosmetics were transferred to Trinity Investment Co., Ltd. As a result, cross-shareholdings between Kanebo, Ltd. and Kanebo Cosmetics were eliminated. In addition, all rights to the Kanebo brand held by Kanebo, Ltd. were transferred.
Kao Completes Acquisition of Kanebo Cosmetics
July 23, 2008
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Acquisitions
- 882What Went Wrong with The Body Shop?
- 6258 Ways Beauty Can Grow in 2017 and Beyond
- 233Beauty 2017: Acquire or Be Acquired
- 177Shiseido-MatchCo Herald "A New Age of Personalization and A.I. for Beauty"
- 114ZO Skin Health Acquires ReFissa Hyperpigmentation Tech from Suneva Medical
- 99L'Oréal-Valeant Deal Boosts Dermocosmetics and Expert-backed Skin Care
- 94Grow It Alone? Why Beauty M&A is So Hot
- 88Is Glansaol the Next Great Beauty Company?
- 76Expanded Edition: The State of Beauty and Personal Care M&A
- 58TPR Holdings Acquires Cargo Cosmetics
- Expanded Edition: The State of Beauty and Personal Care M&A
7/14/2016, Jeb Gleason-Allured
- Grow It Alone? Why Beauty M&A is So Hot
11/1/2016, Jeb Gleason-Allured
- 8 Ways Beauty Can Grow in 2017 and Beyond
1/6/2017, Jeb Gleason-Allured, Editor in Chief
- Henkel Boosts Emerging Market Hair Care with Acquisitions
3/3/2016, Jeb Gleason-Allured
- Brookfield Reborn After Acquisition
4/8/2016, Mino Zaccaro