The Estée Lauder Companies announced that Daria Myers, a founding member of Origins, will leave her position after working for its parent company for 31 years. While The Estée Lauder Companies searches for her replacement, Myers will serve in an advisory role.
“Daria is truly one of the great creative minds in our business and has been one of the industry’s leading innovators in developing the area of natural and authentic beauty brands,” said William Lauder, CEO, The Estée Lauder Companies.
After starting with The Estée Lauder Companies in the Aramis division, Myers moved to the role of senior vice president of global marketing, creative and product development for Aveda and also helped to found BeautyBank. In 1989, she became one of the founding members of Origins.
“In 2003, she returned to oversee the continued evolution of the Origins brand,” added Lauder. “Since then, she has focused on ground-breaking ideas like Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins and the launch of Origins Organics.”
Myers launched Origins Organics, a line of prestige skin, body and hair care products certified under the USDA National Organic Program, in 2007. The Fragrance Foundation awarded Origins Organics a 2008 FiFi Award in May after naming Origins Natural Resources the Best Bath & Body Line of the Year. Origins, which is sold in more than 460 department and specialty stores and 130 free-standing retail stores in the U.S., is also available in 26 other countries.
Origins President Steps Down
May 22, 2008
BASF Introduces Dehyton® AO 45 – The First Commercial Microalgae-Derived Betaine Surfactant — BASF Personal Care
Most Popular in Announcements
- 198Is the Multicultural Male Grooming Consumer Being Underserved?
- 145Estée Lauder Companies Appoints Demsey and Hudis
- 137Double-digit Growth Driving Mary Kay R&D Expansion
- 131Shiseido to Take Extraordinary Loss to Address Bare Escentuals Issues
- 125L'Oréal Opens Its Largest Manufacturing Facility
- 113L'Oreal Pursues Social Protection in New Partnership
- 68New Partnership for Promotion of European Cosmetics
- 61New Head for La Roche-Posay
- 54LVMH Announces New L’Institut des Métiers d’Excellence Program
- 49MAC Announces Organizational Change
- CoverGirl Cosmetics Confirms Partnership with Ellen DeGeneres
9/16/2008, Jeff Falk
- Alberto-Culver Company Names Its U.S. President
9/19/2008, Leslie Benson
- Enrique Puig Dies at 68
9/19/2008, Kelly Frederick
- Honoring Women’s Excellence in the Beauty Industry
9/19/2008, Leslie Benson
- The Estée Lauder Companies Announce Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign
9/29/2008, Leslie Benson