Avon Announces 4th Quarter Earnings
February 2, 2006
Most Popular in Financials
- 310What's Driving L'Oreal's Growth?
- 163Coty to Boost Investment in Power Brands and Reorganization
- 134Avon Decline Led by Divestments, Latin American Challenges
- 124Sally Beauty Holdings Reports Results
- 119L'Oréal Marks Growth in Key Areas
- 91Beiersdorf Releases 2015 Business Results
- 71Oriflame Reports Challenging Results, Growth in Key Markets
- 63L'Oréal Sales €22.9 Billion for 2013, Up 5%
- 60Perfume Results Negatively Impact Art & Fragrance Results
- 55LVMH Strong in 2013 Financial Results with Revenue of €29 Billion
Avon Products, Inc. reported that earnings in the fourth quarter 2005 were $.40 per share, compared with 2004 fourth-quarter earnings of $.61 per share. The company said the 2005 quarter included a negative impact of $.10 per share to implement early phases of its previously announced restructuring plans. Avon stated that revenue in the fourth quarter 2005 rose 4% (3% in local currency) to $2.4 billion, and operating profit decreased 28% to $297 million, due to significant costs of $56 million associated with the early phases of the company's previously announced restructuring initiatives.